ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Withdrawn: Backup Verification Utility

(1/5) > >>

justice:
This project has been cancelled and taken up by another Entrant (thanks Wraith  :Thmbsup:). Please see: NANY 2011 Pledge: Backup Verification Utility

NANY 2011 Entry Information
Application NameBackup Verification Utility Version 0 Short Description Utility that checks a series of files for backup specific verification rules.n Supported OSes WindowsWeb Page - Download Link- Version History
* A list of the (ongoing) version historyAuthor Justice

Description
 Utility that checks a series of files for backup specific verification rules. It can inform you when files do and do not meet these criteria so you can take action. I'll try and licence it to my work place to initially check backups have completed. ;)

Features

* Free for personal use , computers on a domain require a licence.
* Extensive documentation
Planned Features
• The following rules can be used:
   ? Verify a file exists
   ? Verify a file is above certain size
   ? Verify a file is around certain size (with custom deviation)
   ? Verify a file's checksum matches a specified value
   ? Verify a file has been modified  in the last x days, weeks
   ? Verify  these criteria for individual files or a file list in csv format
• Send report on failing criteria
   ? To DB
   ? To email
   ? To logfile
• License system based on domain name.
• Alway send report toggle (even when no failures)
• DcUpdater integrated

Screenshots
-

Usage
Installation
Portable

Using the Application
A brief description of how a user will use the Application. What tips does a user need to get going?

Uninstallation
Portable

Known Issues
-

Perry Mowbray:
 :Thmbsup:

Is it really going to be called "   Backup Verification Utility"??

Not something shorter? Catchier? Acronym'd?  :-\

Is it just a checker, or will it also either back up or run a backup application??

Stoic Joker:
Hm... Backup verification with Emailed report... Portable is nice, but if it could be run as a service (install/uninstall from commandline) that would be handy.

justice:
Not like it's going to be called that :P not spent any braincells on the name yet, so welcome any comments. I guess even the information above the disclaimer was subject to change then ;) FilesCorrect NANY NANY Edition?

tomos:
great idea!
Re Name, how about:

"Double Proof"

- not sure why 'Double' (I guess cause you're checking the backups) but I like the sound of it anyways... but maybe too much like whiskey though?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version