ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: "VeggieSquares" - Children's Game

<< < (7/14) > >>

worstje:
CodeTrucker, it might not be too late yet! :tellme:

On recent Windows versions when you are using a disk with NTFS, Windows has built in 'past versions' support. Rightclick the file in Explorer, and choose Restore previous versions, or alternatively go to Properties and look at the Previous versions tab.

If might not have your newest changes, but it should have some version of your code at least.

CodeTRUCKER:
CodeTrucker, it might not be too late yet! :tellme:

On recent Windows versions when you are using a disk with NTFS, Windows has built in 'past versions' support. Rightclick the file in Explorer, and choose Restore previous versions, or alternatively go to Properties and look at the Previous versions tab.

It might not have your newest changes, but it should have some version of your code at least.
-worstje (December 29, 2010, 12:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for this tip.  I was not aware this was possible.  I'll look into it and see what I can do.  Do you know anyone who has mastered time travel or at least can suspend it?

worstje:
I am afraid I know of nobody like that. :) On my pc, I get results going back upto a few weeks though, so let's be hopeful. Keep us informed, okay? :)

kyrathaba:
now I have to hard code all the responses.  To give you an idea what I am up against...

* I only chose 16 "most common" "Veggies"
    * For every Veggie the child(?) places on the screen, I have to run a collision routine on all the other sprites and test for compatibility/incompatibility and then display an apropos response.
    * If the child(?) clicks on any other Veggie, I have to repeat the step above, but with a mod for not presenting the same response to keep from being tedious.
    * Keep in mind THIS only applies to one of each Veggie.  I haven't even broached the necessity for multiple "tomatoes!"
--- End quote ---

Hey, Calvin,

What language are you programming in?  Have you built a method (a.k.a. function/subroutine) that takes a Veggie as a parameter, and then decides if there are any sprite collisions?  I was also going to suggest using a Random object to randomize the responses.

CodeTRUCKER:
Good suggestions, kyrathaba.  Unfortunately, I am using a language that only one other DC'er uses that I am aware of, but I am seriously thinking of remaking the app in something with better debugging.

PS - Note the new name in the subject line above!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version