ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: "VeggieSquares" - Children's Game

<< < (3/14) > >>

daddydave:
Do you really need hundreds of these?

I'm just concerned that these 8 year olds will start spouting veggie epithets at the dinner table and committing veggie hate crimes.

- Signed
- A concerned Daddy

EDIT: Also, the kids games I've seen just use a handful of stock phrases. I tend to think repetition is part of what makes it fun for them, and I'm not sure they would appreciate all the effort going into avoiding it, as an adult would.

By the way, this would be educational for some adults as well, those of us without "green thumbs".

CodeTRUCKER:
What's the target age group? "FYI - the target age is +/- 8 years old"

Smell could be important - I dont know can plants smell (?)
but how about:

Ooooohh! you smell nice :-)
or
YEEEeeeuuuaaaahhh  SMELLLLL BAAAADDDD  :-D

It's tempting to give them adult characteristics (I dont mean anything risque) but dont know would this be interesting for kids (depending on the age group).

-tomos (September 20, 2010, 04:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think "smell" could be explored.  There is nothing wrong with "You smell nice,"but "You stink!"  Well, you get the picture. 

Children are very impressionable and if a few thought some uncomplimentary comment was "cool" it might not be the best.  This is why I have sought help.  It is a delicate (but not un-doable) subject.  Thanks for your sensitivity.

daddydave:
It is a delicate (but not un-doable) subject
-CodeTRUCKER (September 20, 2010, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly what I was trying to say. You don't want the kids at the dinner table looking at their plate of broccoli and saying "Youuuu stinkkk!" to the chagrin of their parents.

This is hard, I'm not very creative at this kind of thing either.

daddydave:
What about veggies running (or slinking) away from each other, or giving each other hugs and high fives? You might can come up with a few cool animations.

CodeTRUCKER:
Do you really need hundreds of these?
-daddydave (September 20, 2010, 04:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
I have eight children and the thing that bored them the most growing up was figuring out what happened next.  Maybe 100 might be too much, but I would rather pare down in the final stages rather than ramp up.

I'm just concerned that these 8 year olds will start spouting veggie epithets at the dinner table and committing veggie hate crimes.

- Signed
- A concerned Daddy

--- End quote ---
With eight of my own, I understand; in fact, I will use them heavily coming up with phrases too!  Dave, your concern is exactly what has been my guiding directive.  Knowing this, I hope to provide beneficial "epithets."

EDIT: Also, the kids games I've seen just use a handful of stock phrases. I tend to think repetition is part of what makes it fun for them, and I'm not sure they would appreciate all the effort going into avoiding it, as an adult would.

--- End quote ---
Funny you should bring this up.  I was recently in the store looking for a gift for my children and noticed all the board games I played (and got bored with) growing up.  It dawned on me that game manufacturers really don't want children to be satisfied with one or two games.  The marketing folks want the children to get bored so they will bug their parents to buy another.  Kind of like, built-in obsolescence.  What do you think?

By the way, this would be educational for some adults as well, those of us without "green thumbs".

--- End quote ---
;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version