ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: "VeggieSquares" - Children's Game

<< < (2/14) > >>

Briansdad:
Could you be more specific on what you mean by "I need hundreds of short phrases I can populate the "balloon" responses from the vegetables." Maybe some examples?

CodeTRUCKER:
Could you be more specific on what you mean by "I need hundreds of short phrases I can populate the "balloon" responses from the vegetables." Maybe some examples?
-Briansdad (September 20, 2010, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for your interest.  I made some changes to the "Help!" above, but here is what I added...

There are three types of phrases...

* (Veggie A likes Veggie B) "Ah! It's nice to be near you!" or "I like being close to you!"
* (Veggie A is indifferent (neutral) to Veggie B)  "<Yawn> Oh, it's you." or "You planning on hanging around a while?"
* (Veggie A dislikes Veggie B)  "Would you mind moving somewhere else, please?" or "I don't think I like being around you." or "Being near you makes me uncomfortable."
As you can tell, I'm not real creative (nor fun) with these.  That's why I need the help.  :-[

Since not all vegetables benefit from companion planting I am trying to convey relationships (beneficial, neutral or antagonistic) in human terms, the benefit/detriment between one vegetable being planted in proximity to another.   I need a lot of phrases to express the feelings one "person" (Veggie) might have for the other if he/she was happy to be near the other, doesn't really care or was unhappy to be near the other.   If I have a lot of phrases, graphics and sounds, the child shouldn't get bored too easily and might learn some important gardening wisdom by osmosis.

Hope that helps?

Briansdad:
This could be fun. I'll see what I can come up with and ask a few friends too.

Bill

CodeTRUCKER:
This could be fun. I'll see what I can come up with and ask a few friends too.

Bill
-Briansdad (September 20, 2010, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks a bunch!  I intend to get 100 of each.  This will let me use the hundredths of a second for randomization.  No sense making it more difficult than necessary. 

FYI - the target age is +/- 8 years old. 

tomos:
What's the target age group? "FYI - the target age is +/- 8 years old"

Smell could be important - I dont know can plants smell (?)
but how about:

Ooooohh! you smell nice :-)
or
YEEEeeeuuuaaaahhh  SMELLLLL BAAAADDDD  :-D

It's tempting to give them adult characteristics (I dont mean anything risque) but dont know would this be interesting for kids (depending on the age group).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version