ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: "VeggieSquares" - Children's Game

<< < (6/14) > >>

kyrathaba:
I like the screenshot.  The style of the image seems kid-friendly :)

CodeTRUCKER:
I like the screenshot.  The style of the image seems kid-friendly :)
-kyrathaba (December 24, 2010, 02:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, kyrathaba.  The design is not just a cute picture, but a picture of a design that will render some complicated (at least for small children) aspects of gardening mucho simple, but you'll have to wait for prime-time for the details.  ;)

kyrathaba:
Is there going to any sound in your app?  Voiceovers?  Background music?

CodeTRUCKER:
Is there going to any sound in your app?  Voiceovers?  Background music?
-kyrathaba (December 24, 2010, 11:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well......

That *was* the plan until I discovered my algorithms went down the tubes (doesn't work).  The upshot is now I have to hard code all the responses.  To give you an idea what I am up against...

* I only chose 16 "most common" "Veggies"
* For every Veggie the child(?) places on the screen, I have to run a collision routine on all the other sprites and test for compatibility/incompatibility and then display an apropos response.
* If the child(?) clicks on any other Veggie, I have to repeat the step above, but with a mod for not presenting the same response to keep from being tedious.
* Keep in mind THIS only applies to one of each Veggie.  I haven't even broached the necessity for multiple "tomatoes!"  Wooo!  This is FUN!
* I have some help files prepared, but I have to rewrite to the level of a third to fifth grader.  Fortunately I have one to help me!
* There's other things like sound, help diagrams, etc., but I need to get back to work.  ;)
Keep the suggestions coming, though.  I DO appreciate them!  :Thmbsup:

Given the amount of work and the shortage of time, I will aim for having a few Veggies done right in a complete app and provide new versions as I polish it.  

Ciao,
Calvin

CodeTRUCKER:
Dear NANY 2011,

I may not be able to have your program ready for you.  After intensive work for about three weeks I have somehow overwritten my source file with a short button dialog.  Somehow, the dialog modal was named the same as my source file and when, on closing, I was asked if I wanted to save, I clicked "Yes" without realizing two files in the IDE had the same name.

Please know I will complete the program and offer it ASAP.  I can't disappoint the children(?)!  ;)  Unfortunately, my health has suffered in the late nights and I must get some rest, but who knows... maybe I can pull something off by 2010-12-31 23:59!  :)

Good luck,
~CT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version