topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 2:26 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Command Line Printing  (Read 9701 times)

rdstokan

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Command Line Printing
« on: August 30, 2010, 08:36 PM »
I'm new to this forum.  My appologies if I ask a question that has already been answered.  I have searched the forum and have not found an answer related my problem.  When using the -print command line option, the program only prints the first page.  I have verified that the 'Only print some pages' option is not selected in the project file.  I am using Windows XP with a Dell 1710 B&W Laser Printer

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Command Line Printing
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 10:21 PM »
Welcome to the site rdstokan; i don't think many people have tried the -print commandline so there may be a bug, but can you confirm something for me -- if you just load the project file manually, and hit the print button, does it print more than one page?  if so then it definitely sounds like a bug and i will try to fix.

rdstokan

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 10:44 AM »
mouser,  hanks for the quick reply.  Loading the project file manually and clicking the print now button works fine.  loading the project file with the -project command line arg then hitting the print button works.  I have tried the -print with and without the -exit arg both with the same result.  it only prints page 1 of 6.  I'd love to be able to use the -print command liine arg if you wouldn't mind taking a quick look at it.  I am writing together a touchscreen friendly video capture program and want to call flipbookprinter from the command line for a novelty type thing in my home game room.  It will go well with my touchscreen karaoke/jukebox progrm I already have.  My wife and I went to a wedding that had a flipbook "booth" and it was the hit of the party.  I got home and thought it would be cool to have it hoome too!

rdstokan

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 09:36 AM »
Mouser,  have you had an opportunity to take a look at the command line printing?  I am having a Halloween party at my house and thought a video camera and flipbook printer would be a hit.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 06:48 PM »
Yes; in fact i have a new beta version of Flipbook Printer which has a number of enhancements, it's just not public yet.  you can email me ([email protected]) and i can make sure you get a copy of it before Halloween.