ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Double-sided tape with one side to be removed later?

<< < (4/5) > >>

Darwin:
You're right, superboyac. I went into the Source today and couldn't find tape there. What I have is a roll of tape that has a protective backing on one side. The tape itself is very strong but surprisingly thin - thinner than Scotch tape. It may well be carpet tape... Sadly, there is nothing on the roll to indicate a brand!

4wd:
Interesting, I've never seen double-sided foam tape here that didn't use a peel off backing on one side.

eg. this is what I just pulled out of my drawer, 3M double-sided foam tape about 30mm wide.

Double-sided tape with one side to be removed later?

3M Scotch Mounting Tape

I also have a couple of rolls of 'gumbo' tape, (my name for it :) ), which is basically just the gumbo used on normal tape but the paper backing can be peeled away leaving you with a layer of sticky gumbo - if you get my meaning.  But they are 2+ decades old, so no idea where they came from - surprised they still work actually.

cmpm:
The double-sided tape that comes with the plastic window kit, for covering the inside of windows to save energy, has the tape you want in it's package. That's what I've seen anyway.

Here's the tape by itself, if you can find it, or you have to get a sheet of plastic with it.

joiwind:
Try looking for double-sided tape to stick carpet down - you can find that here in Europe and it has one side sticky and the other sticky side covered with a sort of oil or grease paper that you can peel off once you've stuck one side down.

J-Mac:
Looky here:  http://www.findtape.com/product273/JVCC-DC-4110R-P-Double-Coated-Removable-Permanent-Tape.aspx?cid=41&idx=9&tid=1&info=Film+%28PE%2c+PP+and+PVC%29

Also be sure to check out other tapes at that site; if you don’t find it there, it doesn’t exist!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version