ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Double-sided tape with one side to be removed later?

(1/5) > >>

superboyac:
I'm looking for some double-sided tape, but I need one side of it to have some kind of paper or film over it that can be removed later.  For example, I want to put the tape on a card, but I don't want both sides to be exposed right away.  First, I'll put the tape on the card...then, LATER, I want to remove the paper protecting the other side when I'm ready to stick it to something.  But all the double sided tapes I've seen just come with both sides open.

Do any of you know of a tape like I described above?  Please let me know.  Or if you know of another solution, let me know that also.  Thanks.

lanux128:
normally a double-sided tape should work just as you described. a quick trip to the local DIY/hardware store could give you several choices..

here are some samples i've found on Amazon..
• http://www.amazon.com/3M-Urethane-4026-Neutral-16-inch/dp/B00006IF7L/ref=pd_sim_op_6
• http://www.amazon.com/Scotch%C2%AE-Interior-Exterior-Mounting-4011-Long/dp/B000BL5INM/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1283198178&sr=1-11

superboyac:
Actually, most normal double-sided tapes have no liners on either side.  Once it's rolled out, both sides are exposed.  There's nothing more to peel off.  Now, it seems as though the foam tapes usually come with a liner on both sides (or at least one).  But I need to find the same for regular scotch tape.

I went to the store yesterday, but they only had double sided tapes with no removable liners.  The foam ones all had it, but i don't want foam tape.

The hard thing about all this on the internet is that the descriptions aren't clear at all about the liner and stuff.  I went to all the online stores and I also looked at the scotch 3m sites.  The descriptions were very unclear about this specific issue.  Man, websites have been really bothering me lately.  They are never clear about what they are selling.  They write all sorts of BS information, but they avoid saying anything about what I really am looking for.  Such crap.  They go on and on about the tape strength and chemical properties, like I can understand or care about it, but about the actual tapes and what are the differences...barely anything.

It seems as though double-sided and double-coated might mean two different things, but hell if i can know for sure from anything i'm reading online.  I think what I'm looking for falls under the double-coated category.

Darwin:
Weird, the roll of double-sided tape that I have sitting next to me works exactly as you describe. No idea where I got it or the brand, but it could well be from the Source (a tech store affiliated with Rogers Wireless here in Canada). If it IS from the Source, that would make it their house brand, which is Nexxtech, I think. I *think* their house brand products are the same as those sold by Radio Shack in the States (Radio Shack exited Canada several years ago and their stores became The Souce by Circuit City. Circuit City sold out to Rogers a couple of years ago. Throughout these changes, the house brand has remained the same. So...).

MilesAhead:
The one I have is Scotch Poster Tape.  It's double sticky with a liner.  Also it's "removable."  I use it for mouse pads that tend to crawl under the mouse.  Can't get the old thick mouse pad with the good gripper underside anymore it seems. I have to anchor it with this tape.

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=gc0256

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version