ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Micro Reviews of Board Games From a Non-Competetive Perspective

<< < (12/20) > >>

mouser:
We've been playing this non-stop, it's become one of my favorite board games.
How did your daughter like it?  Remember that some of the factions are definitely harder to play than others -- so help her to avoid the crazy ones.

TaoPhoenix:
How did your daughter like it?  Remember that some of the factions are definitely harder to play than others -- so help her to avoid the crazy ones.
-mouser (September 10, 2015, 02:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

What Magic the Gathering taught me is that sometimes it's one of the "crazy" systems are the ones that beyond-break the game.

So I don't know which tone to use - "help her play a nice sensible system, or one that breaks the game so badly the company has to invent entire new rules to stop it!"

:o

phitsc:
-mouser (September 10, 2015, 02:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

She liked it very much I think. She played the Tundra Orcs and I the Phoenix Elves. That's all we've got at the moment.

wyrwolf:
Been hosting a regular drop-in at the local gamestore, we do RPGs as well. What we play is determined by those who show up each night (and what the store has or people bring). I've been learning a lot of new games, many of those reviewed above. I will try to get to addng to them, but in the meantime, it can be followed on Facebook using the tag #Come_Game_With_Bob

kyrathaba:
well i never played magic the gathering, though i have watched some of it being played -- and from watching i know it can get quite complicated.
there has been a rebellion against the "collectible" aspect of card games, as seen in magic the gathering, and most new deck builders do not follow this path.
instead there are fixed card sets that everyone can by for affordable prices and there aren't these super rare expensive cards, etc.
--- End quote ---

I was really into Magic The Gathering for several years (1993-1996). Still own quite a few custom-built decks. The problem I have with MTG is that there is power-bloat in successive card sets when compared to earlier card sets. They let things get a bit out of control in that area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version