Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 01, 2014, 07:42:02 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: MajorGeeks discounts  (Read 4675 times)
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 29, 2010, 07:09:15 AM »

If you are in the market for a program, but has not been offered a discount, always check Major Geeks Software Store! As an example, Online Armor Premium's list price is $40, but Major Geeks is offering it for $20. Major Geeks Store are always offering some fine discounts, like "BitDefender Total Security 2011 [1-PC, 1-Year] RRP: $69.95 Save: $30.00 (43%) Our Price: $39.95",  or  "Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 [1-PC, 1-Year] RRP: $59.95 Save: $18.00 (30%) Our Price: $41.95",  or  "CyberLink PowerDVD 10 Standard RRP: $49.95 Saving: $16.96 (34%) Our Price: $32.99",  and many others.

http://store.majorgeeks.com/
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 07:10:57 AM by Curt » Logged
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 07:23:05 AM »

are they affiliated to v3.co.uk by any chance? both websites have the same layout and goods.

http://store.v3.co.uk/

techidave
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 08:53:58 PM »

Thanks for the heads up Curt.  I have looked at their site in detail but missed the store.  Looks good.  smiley
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 02:48:08 AM »

are they affiliated to v3.co.uk by any chance? both websites have the same layout and goods.

http://store.v3.co.uk/

-the sites are clearly identical. But V3 says >>Incisive Media Limited, Haymarket House, 28-29 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4RX, is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 04038503<<, while Major Geeks merely says Major Geeks... So I don't know who is the head and who is the tail, or neither.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 02:49:41 AM by Curt » Logged
mrHappy
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 10:04:34 AM »

MajorGeeks :  Store powered by Creativemark
V3 Software Store:  Store from Creativemark

Probably affiliated with them somehow.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who have friends.
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 05:25:04 PM »

Intro-offer: http://store.majorgeeks.c...auslogics_boostspeed_5_se
discount code for MG members only: MAJORGEEKS01

AusLogics BoostSpeed 5.0.4.235 [ 7.08 MB |
Shareware $49.95 | Win 2000/03/08/XP/Vista/7]

This powerful optimization suite will boost Internet connections, tweak Windows to its peak performance, clean registry and block annoying ads. It's a great way to keep your computer clean and optimized.

Available for FREE in Majorgeeks store until the end of September only.

Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 07:28:19 PM »

That's not a discount code, Curt, it's a promo code required during installation (apparently, I've not tried it myself). You have to have an account to login and download, however.

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
cmpm
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 08:25:22 AM »

It works, AusLogics BoostSpeed SE, not Pro which has a little more tweaks.
After installing you have to get the free license code via 'about'.

So I did it, but doubt if I use it. Maybe.
My tweaking programs are having tweaking wars.
So I only use a couple and they still argue over a tweak or 2.
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 04:47:17 PM »

I am totally tempted to change my attitude. Today I became a member of Major Geek's forum because I wanted to express my impatience with them, regarding their lack of a link to Q-Dir's Unicode version. I *might* (for certain) have sounded sour. This was the owner's answer:

We are an American based site, you don't like it go somewhere else. Q-Dir stays as well just to be a dick. Wake up and change your attitude. This ain't some corporation that needs to kiss ***, we're just 2 guys on our basement. Go away, I am sure some larger download sites would have to listen to your crap.

-and the he closed the thread,
leaving me no way to apologize, or otherwise answer!
 ohmy

I have not been able to find any way to cancel my membership.

Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »

Wow! What does the site being American have to do with anything?

Anyway, you evidently struck a nerve, Curt!

Considering that that was your only post (I read it), "majorattitude's" response was way over the top.

FWIW - you didn't really sound that sour, perhaps a bit exasperated, but nothing to warrant that response. Your writing (in English) is much more lucid than your respondent's! I'm still not sure what "Q-Dir stays as well just to be a dick" means, unless he means that he is not going to start hosting the unicode version. Hmm... wants to be a dick, eh? Accomplished.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 05:02:32 PM by Darwin » Logged

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 05:17:15 PM »

-thanks, Mike.
My first thought was, well, he have chosen the right username... ("Major Attitude")

--------- (partially deleted)
.....Edited:
What I really wanted to say is, that we ("I") forget we are addressing PEOPLE.

---------
The thread.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 03:58:54 AM by Curt » Logged
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 04:01:05 AM »

Today's offer: http://store.majorgeeks.c...ink_powerdirector_8_ultra

Director version 9 must be almost ready.
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 03:12:33 AM »

-if you don't want the 'ultra' version, PC Authority is offering a big discount (Australian $) on the 'de luxe' version:

#  Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 Deluxe
RRP: A$110.00    Our price: A$35.95

They also offer the 'ultra' version:

#  Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 Ultra
RRP: A$159.95    Our price: A$58.95

Surely version 8 is getting ready to be replaced.

http://www.pcauthority.co...downloads_2010_10_21.html
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 02:55:45 PM »

Quote from: Majorgeeks
Majorgeeks Site News

* Ashampoo WinOptimizer 2010 Advanced FREE in Majorgeeks store!
    * Ashampoo Slideshow Studio 2010 FREE in Majorgeeks store!
    * Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 Advanced FREE in Majorgeeks store!

Exclusive Discount:
AVG Internet Security 2011 [1 PC] 55% off at the Majorgeeks Store.
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 11:55:45 AM »

MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 17 Plus

Special Christmas Offer: HALF price through December!

RRP: $99.99 Save: $50.00 (50%) Our Price: $49.99

http://store.majorgeeks.c...ix_movie_edit_pro_17_plus

I don't know if version 18 is just around the corner, but version Pro 17 Plus is well-spoken of  and should be worth this "half the normal price", I imagine.

http://store.majorgeeks.c...ix_movie_edit_pro_17_plus
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.037s | Server load: 0.03 ]