ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Adding a URL to Search History Results?

<< < (2/4) > >>

lanux128:
if you want to try it out early, grab from:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/downloads/beta/FindAndRunRobotSetup.exe
-mouser (August 28, 2010, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

nice one, this feature.. :up:

jreedar:
if you want to try it out early, grab from:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/downloads/beta/FindAndRunRobotSetup.exe
-mouser (August 28, 2010, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mouser, since installing the new version above I can't open an existing Word 2007 document, Excel 2007 document or Adobe PDF file when selecting them from the search box. I can open Word, Excel and Adobe reader applications from FARR but not an existing document of those types. 

Does this happen for you?

mouser:
i don't think i changed anything that should effect this.. it's really important for me to understand if the previous version you had installed did open these files -- if so let me know.  it could be something i did or it could be some security program you have installed or something else.. did you install the new version over old or did you start out a new installation with a new configuration?

jreedar:
I installed the new version date/time stamped 8/28/2010 6:56PM of FindAndRunRobot.exe over my current version.

So I just went back downloaded and installed the version dated 8/20/2010 5:33 PM FindAndRunRobot.exe into another directory.  When running the 8/20 version launching of existing Excel, Word and PDF files all open immediately.  Then closing the 8/20 version and running the 8/28 version I'm unable to open the existing Excel, Word or PDF documents any longer.

Let me know if I can give you anymore information.  Are there any logs created I can attach?

mouser:
ok that's a big help -- so either i broke something that i had no idea how, OR you have some security software that has blacklisted the new version but not the old.  if you can try to rule out the latter possibility i will start looking into the former.  ms office documents open fine for me with the new version.

could you try maybe unzipping the new version download into a different directory and run it from there and see if results are the same, that might yield a clue.

what OS do you have?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version