ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Adding a URL to Search History Results?

(1/4) > >>

jreedar:
I've searched on how to do this but can't seem to find how to add a URL to the Search History that's brought up when the hot key is hit.

I can add applications by going to 'Option' -> 'Launch History' section, but when I try to add a frequently used URL it's not saved in the Search History list?

Thanks,
Neal

mouser:
Welcome Neal.

Excellent post -- i can see what's happening -- FARR is removing the url since it is checking if it's a file on disk and not finding it.
I will modify this so that FARR doesn't remove urls from the launch history.

Stay tuned for an update this week.

jreedar:
Wow, thank you for the fast reply and explanation.  Love the product and incredible support!

Thanks again,
Neal

mouser:
if you want to try it out early, grab from:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/downloads/beta/FindAndRunRobotSetup.exe

in addition to urls you can also add entries like "restartsearch stuff for search edit box here"

jreedar:
if you want to try it out early, grab from:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/downloads/beta/FindAndRunRobotSetup.exe
-mouser (August 28, 2010, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just installed and the saving URLs in the launch history now works perfectly!

in addition to urls you can also add entries like "restartsearch stuff for search edit box here"
-mouser (August 28, 2010, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Can you give me an example how this feature would be used?  I checked in the help file and it sounds interesting but I'm not understanding its full uses.

restartsearch STRING_TO_SEARCH_FOR - restarts a new search by replacing editbox text (use \s at end of line to add a space after the new search string).  Use \n at the end to simulate the pressing of Enter after the search is conducted (useful especially for plugins triggers).

Thanks again for the help and great support!

Neal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version