ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 Advanced at GAOTD (Aug 26, 2010)

(1/2) > >>

lanux128:
quite a well-known CD burner suite..

• http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ashampoo-burning-studio-2010-advanced/

app103:
This is version 9.2.4, not v10 like the description says. After installing it, they will offer you v10 as an update, but you will not get it free. It's only a trial. So, if you just want the free version, don't try to update it.

cyberdiva:
This is version 9.2.4, not v10 like the description says. After installing it, they will offer you v10 as an update, but you will not get it free. It's only a trial. So, if you just want the free version, don't try to update it.
-app103 (August 26, 2010, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
I had been using version 9 and ran into a problem.  I wrote to Ashampoo and they advised me to upgrade to version 10.  I wrote back and asked whether version 10 was free or not (I had received version 9 for free).  They told me version 10 was free, so I upgraded, and the upgrade solved my problem.  To my surprise, I've been very happy with it.  I had always assumed that the company's incessant promotional email messages were a sign of shoddy goods, but at least for me, Ashampoo Burning Studio 10 has been a pleasure to use.  However, I continue to get "special offers" from them to upgrade to version 10 Advanced for a price ($29.95, I think).  I see no reason to do so, given my limited needs.  All I'm trying to say is that there is a version 10 (not version 10 Advanced) that apparently the company is at times willing to supply for free, and in my experience it works well.  However, be prepared for lots of promotional emails to follow.

lanux128:
as i found out some time ago, Ashampoo have a different type of version numbering. versions ending in years (like 2009, 2010) is actually a 'lite' version, compared to versions like v9 or v10. so ABS 2010 is not ABS v10, it's more likely to be ABS v9 'lite'.

of course, that being said, i'd like to know what the 'Advanced' stands for..  :D

btw, following are the excerpts of that thread where this version numbering was discussed..

i'm slightly confused by the version numbering. compared ABS v8, is "ABS 2009" a 'lite' version? :-\
-lanux128 (January 30, 2009, 09:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes - 2009 is a lite version of 8.

Ashampoo's sales and marketting needs some serious cleaning up - I am still getting upgrade offers to both versions 6 and 7 - even though I am a registered user of both. The only version they haven't tried to flog me is version 8!!
-Carol Haynes (January 30, 2009, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Curt:
"Advanced" has already been offered for free more than once, including via the German chip.de: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=20058.msg214399#msg214399

If "free" is the main reason for getting this offer, the new user will want to disable the "Look for updates" option:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version