topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 8:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Save cropped image only  (Read 4774 times)

Midnight Rambler

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Save cropped image only
« on: August 25, 2010, 06:13 PM »
After hitting "PrtSc" and "Keep image and Show," I almost always crop the image of what I really wanted from the screen shot and save it with a more specific file name instead of just the default time and day.  Problem is, I always end up with two images: the stock and the cropped, and again almost always end up deleting the stock image with its default file name.

How do I save only the cropped portion of the image?  Thanks.
Compaq Presario 5716 (98), Dell Dimension 4700 (XP), Lenovo ThinkPad T530 (Win 7 Pro > Win 10 Pro).

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Save cropped image only
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 06:27 PM »
try this:

Crop, then hit save (Ctrl+S), then rename it by typing a new name in the bottom "Name:" field and hitting enter.

note that you do have to save the image after you crop in order for the new name to not create a new file.  i could change that though, since it seems unnesc.

Midnight Rambler

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 06:52 PM »
try this:
Crop, then hit save (Ctrl+S), then rename it by typing a new name in the bottom "Name:" field and hitting enter.
note that you do have to save the image after you crop in order for the new name to not create a new file.

This technique worked (thanks!) but is rather counter-intuitive in that I hit Save before renaming the file and then close the window.  Saving usually comes after file renaming.

Seems more logical to crop, rename, save and close window but this technique had the effect of Save As (with two images saved).

Compaq Presario 5716 (98), Dell Dimension 4700 (XP), Lenovo ThinkPad T530 (Win 7 Pro > Win 10 Pro).

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 07:11 PM »
yes i agree.. i will fix it so you dont have to save first.