ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Readability - Get rid of the clutter so you can read!

<< < (4/7) > >>

ljbirns:
On my machine it both goes to readability and  reverts back in less than a second.  Now I am retired so I have plenty of time.......
I actually uninstalled the add on because I thought it was too slow

Carol Haynes:
Brilliant idea (I installed the addon but actually I really like the marklet)

app103:
Ahhh, I know what the problem might be - I have it set that a new tab opens when I use the addressbar of the current tab (maybe a TabMixPlus option, cant remember offhand). That would screw up the java script I reckon (like the way you cant open java scripts in a new tab).

I'll stick with the bookmarklet (actually I've added it to my homepage - that way I can use the homepage icon & dont need another toolbar open)

-tomos (August 26, 2010, 05:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have mine configured the same way, except I am using Tabkit.

You may still be able to use it with a keyword from the addressbar. Try using alt+enter to make it work in the current tab instead of using just enter, which causes it to open in a new tab. (or just click the little green arrow on the far right of the addressbar after typing in the keyword, instead of hitting enter)

This is far better than a dedicated button, since a button can only do a single thing, while you can use keywords for all of your frequently used bookmarks, without cluttering up your toolbars.

tomos:
Ahhh, I know what the problem might be - I have it set that a new tab opens when I use the addressbar of the current tab (maybe a TabMixPlus option, cant remember offhand). That would screw up the java script I reckon (like the way you cant open java scripts in a new tab).

I'll stick with the bookmarklet (actually I've added it to my homepage - that way I can use the homepage icon & dont need another toolbar open)

-tomos (August 26, 2010, 05:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have mine configured the same way, except I am using Tabkit.

You may still be able to use it with a keyword from the addressbar. Try using alt+enter to make it work in the current tab instead of using just enter, which causes it to open in a new tab. (or just click the little green arrow on the far right of the addressbar after typing in the keyword, instead of hitting enter)

This is far better than a dedicated button, since a button can only do a single thing, while you can use keywords for all of your frequently used bookmarks, without cluttering up your toolbars.
-app103 (August 27, 2010, 12:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes! that works! thanks app :)

Curt:
You mean like this      https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/46442/
-ljbirns (August 26, 2010, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

-thank you!  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page