ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Readability - Get rid of the clutter so you can read!

<< < (6/7) > >>

michaelquill:
Try
Readable Booklet

Same idea you can define a style then drag booklet to the bookmarks bar.

Curt:
-thanks.

However, I don't (want to) use my Bookmarks Toolbar,
so I don't (want to) use bookmarklets.

Curt:
I have now tried several of the kind but must bow and admit that  Readability is the best.

f0dder:
Thread necromancy alert!

So, are there any decent alternatives to Readability? I'm still miffed that I have to allow JavaScript execution for the domain the article is hosted on - but beyond that, nowadays using Readability forwards you to a https://www.readability.com/articles/xxxxxx site... which means the page you were reading gets uploaded to readability and processed there? I kinda don't like that.

And all the processing that happens ought to be doable clientside anyway - and I'm not sure I can see why JS needs to be enabled at all.

worstje:
Without Javascript, there is no changing the page/DOM and all that smart logic stuff. However, if they're just going to go the 'process on server' route, then it shouldn't be necessary anymore.

Sounds like shitty changes for the purpose of either ad-revenue, data-mining, or worse... gross incompetency.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version