topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 5:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: More Searching Questions  (Read 3005 times)

alias

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
More Searching Questions
« on: August 24, 2010, 01:05 PM »
(Sorry, I know it was a really bad pun...)

I'm still not understanding Searching and the Search Folders options.  I just created, for testing purposes, a directory structure like this on my D: drive:  First/Second/Third/Test.txt.

My D: drive has a folder on it called Backups, which contains a sync/backup structure for multiple folders on my C: drive (I use FileBack to maintain a few copies of certain things...).  So, I've created a Search Folder (in FaRR's Lists options) with these properties:  Name - D:\Backups (I used the folder selector to make sure there was no typo), Subdirectory Search Depth - 0, Score - -1000 (out of desperation).  Then, in FaRR, if I type "d:\first test", FaRR finds 28 items in 15 seconds, and the first 27 of them are in "D:\Backups\My Documents".  The last one is "D:\First\Second\Third\test.txt".  What am I doing wrong?

FWIW, if I type "D:\First" into FaRR, I get 2 items:  D:\First and D:\First\Second.  Same thing if I add a space after that string - the wheels don't come off until I type a non-space character after that...