ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

UNFINISHED: Copy and Paste from a txt file to a directory

<< < (2/2)

wetsmellydog:
Have not tried it in the DOS world but will try and give you guys feedback. Thanks!

SleepingWolf:
Have not tried it in the DOS world but will try and give you guys feedback. Thanks!
-wetsmellydog (October 27, 2010, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, is this topic closed, wetsmellydog?

wetsmellydog:
I have not been able to find the device in DOS so using a batch file does not seem doable.

antekgla:
It's a old topic... but if you don't could solve this problem, try this.

Copy the files as usual (order don't matter)
Now Use Reorganize 2.3.1
to re-order the files as you wish (alphabetic A-Z or Z-A or custom order)
Speed is not a issue because the soft don't move the files itself, but change the FAT table so it takes only a few seconds.

---Extract from Re-Organize help-------
It's not a surprise that portable MP3 players turned out to be big sellers: They're small, easy to fill with music and energy-saving. And because of the lack of moving parts, they may even be considered to be the perfect music players for all kinds of sports. Sadly, many makers didn't think about ease of use. A common problem: The player refuses to play tracks in a user-defined order.

ReOrganize! is able to solve this problem in many cases. You can freely move track by track or sort them all with just one click. The program also supports file up- & download and ID3 tags. It even features a small media player for prelistening tracks, rivalling many "Audio Managers" shipped with most players.

--- End quote ---

I hope this help you.

DougalS:
I have not been able to find the device in DOS so using a batch file does not seem doable.
-wetsmellydog (December 28, 2010, 09:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

You won't be able to use the command processor (artist previously known as DOS) copy command because it doesn't understand UNC paths or special folders, only drive letters. So unless you can map a drive letter to the device you won't be able to access it that way, and if you could you should be able to just copy them with Explorer.

Is this still required? If so I may be able to help with a script (which can access special folders and UNC paths). Do you want to select the files from a list or will you create the txt file list yourself? Are you using XP or Vista/7? Do you have MS Access installed (affects what file browse libraries are available)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version