ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

wireless (wifi) network connection manager with saved profiles

<< < (5/5)

Stoic Joker:
in windows 7, it has to be said, you have to keep right clicking on network card names and network SSIDs to find "properties". It's second nature to me, so it doesn't bother me, but still...-Darwin (December 02, 2010, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Really, When? Maybe if you have some third party crapware installed I can see that happening. But if Win7 is left alone (default) it will just pop up a balloon that says new network found, would you like to connect. Click once (if open WiFi) done zoom. If it's not an open WiFi it will stop to ask for a key, or an auto configuration file, or have you hit the Okie-Dokie button on the newer routers and it'll authenticate itself.

I've had several (XP/Vista/7) customer machines come back months/years later and hop straight back onto our office WiFi without bothering me at all.

Darwin:
Ha, no, Stoic Joker - that all came out wrong  :-[

I meant that tweaking things like IP4 and IP6 properties and so on is more involved. Simply connecting to a network couldn't be easier - exactly as you describe!

Stoic Joker:
I meant that tweaking things like IP4 and IP6 properties and so on is more involved. Simply connecting to a network couldn't be easier - exactly as you describe!-Darwin (December 03, 2010, 02:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah! Okay. I see what you mean then. I too drill into the dialogs so reflexively that I'm no-longer conscious of the actions ... Which makes trying to walk somebody through it on the phone pure hell because I have to stop and think about the steps involved. I think that's part of what I love about DHCP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version