ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

Downloading file behind rtmp stream

<< < (2/2)

mofohobo:

I've had luck with streamtransport it kicked out an rtmp link that streamtransport should be able to download,i think Net transport does this now too ,this software (Streamtransport) is the only thing I've seen that lets you download Hulu too.That being said this software will most likely get sued out of existence,but for now...  8)

Veblin:
I use StreamTransport quite a bit. It does find the URL in this case but does crash on trying to download this because it is currently only designed to download FLV and not MP3 files.

The URL you get from StreamTransport or you construct from the page source can be downloaded with some download managers.
rtmp://184.73.202.215/archives/mp3:archives/1281978625.mp3

I used Orbit to download this but Net Transport or possibly any other one that can download rtmp protocol might work as well.
Orbit will try to append a .flv extension after the .mp3 but this can be removed before the download starts or after it finishes.

xsrossiter:

I've had luck with streamtransport it kicked out an rtmp link that streamtransport should be able to download,i think Net transport does this now too ,this software (Streamtransport) is the only thing I've seen that lets you download Hulu too.That being said this software will most likely get sued out of existence,but for now...  8)

-mofohobo (August 20, 2010, 11:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

StreamTransport was able to give me the complete rtmp URL but crashed when I tried to download the file. Is there some conversion possible of the rtmp URL to an http link so that I might try the download in a download manager such as Free Download Manager? What is the rtmp link pointing to, an actual location on a server or simply a temporary stream created for the sake of playback but the actual file resides at a location having nothing to do with the various domains and folders within the rtmp link?

A link to a more current show: rtmp://184.73.202.215/archives/mp3:archives/1282505998.mp3

Thanks again, Steve.

Veblin:
http://www.orbitdownloader.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version