ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OhLife - A new way to journal

<< < (5/5)

zxcvbn:
I don't know if this helps ?
There is an outfit called Penzu.  You can set up a journal, make it private, and it sends you reminders to write something.

dwbrant:
I've been using OhLife for around two months now, just wanted to add my $.02

Things I would change? 

1 -- The time the email is sent out.  8pm doesn't work for me, so I've taken the "shortcut" and changed my timezone so that I get the email around 6.15pm my time.  I wish we could set our own times.

2 -- When I reply, by default my email is set to leave in the text of the email I'm replying to.  OhLife doesn't take that into account, if I fail to delete the text, it shows up in the post I make.  I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to code for that possibility.

Other than those caveats, I really do like the concept and prompting, and ease-of-use.  As others have said, there's no way I'd put stuff that I wanted to remain private on there ... for that matter, I wouldn't put anything private *anywhere* on the internet unless strongly encrypted, and even then I'd have second (and third) thoughts about doing it.

wraith808:
^ It includes the text that you're replying to?  It doesn't include it on mine... I just reply and start typing, and only the part that I type is included.  What does your e-mailer use to denote quoted text?  And are you typing above the quote, or below?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version