ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OhLife - A new way to journal

<< < (3/5) > >>

wraith808:
I never really looked at a journal as a place for dirty little secrets- just my perspective, I suppose.

phitsc:
I guess 'dirty little secret' is subjective anyway. If I'd keep a diary I think I'd want everything in there to be secret, also the non-dirty stuff.

So if you care to share: what would you want to have in your journal (not specific, just exemplary)? Is it more like 'stuff you've found on the net' or rather 'stuff about your boss which you've been discussing with your work buddies'?

wraith808:
I guess 'dirty little secret' is subjective anyway. If I'd keep a diary I think I'd want everything in there to be secret, also the non-dirty stuff.
-phitsc (August 20, 2010, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

The difference between journal and diary, IMO- which is why I refer to it as a journal.

I view a journal as more of a retrospective on the day.  What happened, my responses, what worked, what didn't, and what I'd want to take away from it.  A place to articulate my thoughts... "Those who don't learn from history", on a more micro scale.  I find myself too caught up in the day to day that I don't take the time to integrate it into the wider view of things, which is probably why I have problems doing it to begin with.

J-Mac:
If your Journal involves "dirty little secrets", or really any information that you wouldn’t want to share with the world, then do not post it on ANY journal app online! Especially if it is a "free" service. Let's face it - they are going to try and find a way to make money from the site and many of these sites start out offering "private" content but sooner or later they change their privacy settings and often reset yours to some degree of "public" or "sharing" mode. Happened to me with Vox and I also had correspondence with LiveJournal over similar tactics.

If it is private, and you want it to stay that way, then keep it locally... not online!

Thank you.

Jim

phitsc:
If it is private, and you want it to stay that way, then keep it locally... not online!
-J-Mac (August 27, 2010, 10:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

What do you think about keeping a journal on dropbox (e.g. a tiddly wiki)? It is encrypted. But it's a free service.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version