ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OhLife - A new way to journal

<< < (2/5) > >>

wraith808:
Yeah, I think the reminder is the unique bit here. Of course you could setup a repeating reminder in Google Calendar or any other such reminder/calendar system with email alerts to do the same, then use Evernote or anything else for the actual journaling, which may be better. The OhLife service ties in to its own platform for "journaling", so unless you like how it handles it, there's not necessarily a need to use it just for the reminders. But I definitely like the reminder concept. Simple and obvious but not something I've done yet, which I should try.
-JavaJones (August 19, 2010, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

And the fact that you can e-mail back, and it formats them for you.  And it gives random bits from your old journals to give you a look into what you were doing at some point in the past.  And you can export them to use them in other programs.  Not for everyone, I suppose- but it seems worth a look.

Stoic Joker:
(waxing anthropomorphically) So it takes position as an Efriend that consistently asks "How was your day?", and then affords you a forum to expound upon it. Clever idea indeed.

phitsc:
What do you guys think about the security of such a site. I mean it says that only you can access your entries. But it doesn't say anything about encryption for example.

app103:
What do you guys think about the security of such a site. I mean it says that only you can access your entries. But it doesn't say anything about encryption for example.
-phitsc (August 20, 2010, 04:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

I would approach it from this perspective:

Unless I was willing to publish what I am writing, either publicly on a blog or in book form, I wouldn't be too likely to write about it and send it in. This is not the place for any of your "dirty little secrets". I don't think encryption is necessary. After all, blog posts published in draft mode, in all the major blogging applications like Wordpress or Blogger, aren't encrypted either.

phitsc:
But if they were encrypted, it could be the place for my dirty little secrets, couldn't it?

That reminds me about the fact that most email is not encrypted. Something that really puzzles me, thinking about what dirty little secrets I sometimes write in emails. :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version