I put up a new beta version of FARR that i'd like some help testing:http://www.donationc...AndRunRobotSetup.exe
The new version doesn't have any interesting new features, but i made some changes to make it wake up from minimization (a lot) faster, and i'd like to get some feedback to see if i've broken anything in the process.
(essentially the new version prepares the next search results, which typically show launch history, as it is minimizing, rather than on the next request to display).
note: if you have your normal farr trigger set to always start off with some text pre-added to the search box, this new method will not help you at all; is there anyone who uses farr in this way, to always have some text in the search box when they trigger it? i am thinking of adding a special option for that case but would like to hear if anyone actually has use for it. don't worry if you just occasionally pull up farr in this way -- i only care if you always bring up farr with some same text in the search box.
- [MajorFeature] Faster wakeup display from minimized state (see also the StayInMemoryLonger option on General Options tab)
- [Feature] Alias matches now show instantly even when keypress delay option is enabled.
- [BugFix] When you do not have "stop on exact alias match" checked and an alias was matched, it could show large numbers of results.
- [Feature] New install of farr now adds the search directory %PROGRAMFILES64% which will search in the win64 specific program files directory (not just the Program Files (x86) directory); older users should add this directory manually.
- [BugFix] When launch results had an argument that ended in \ it could mess up launching of them
- [BugFix] When the option to show FARR in taskbar when active was set, there was an additional delay before FARR could start accepting characters after unminimizing.