topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Live audio mixer software  (Read 2903 times)

sabre92

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Live audio mixer software
« on: August 17, 2010, 12:58 AM »
I was wondering is anyone has run across any live audio mixing software. I've been looking around the internet for a while trying to find a mixer program, but all I seem to find are multi-track recording programs like Audacity.
I run tech for a small community theater group, and after having to replace yet another wireless microphone, we had the idea that if we could find a live mixing program that can handle up to 12 channels at once we might be able to use class 1 bluetooth headsets and dongles to replace our existing wireless mics as they go out of commission. I just don't know if there's a program out there that does that or if a computer could handle all the simultaneous audio streams in real time.
So is there a program out there that I've missed that can do what I want?

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Live audio mixer software
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 03:44 PM »
Hi,

Have you tried the open source Mixxx?  http://www.mixxx.org/

I honestly don't know much about this type of software, but the website indicates this mixing software is quite powerful.  :-\

sabre92

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Live audio mixer software
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 01:01 AM »
I've actually used programs like Mixxx before for DJing, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Basically, I'm looking to replace a full multi-channel mixing board (like in the picture below) with a computer program. Something that can process up to 12 incoming audio streams at once and send the mix of all of them through the line out to an amplifier in real time. I've never seen anything like that so far. Just the DJ programs and multi-track recorders.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:03 AM by sabre92 »