ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera 9 Technical Preview 2 due out tomorrow...Looks interesting

<< < (3/3)

allen:
Thanks for the links, I'll work my way through them this evening.

The search interface is nice, but actually a step back for me -- I'd been using a third party editor that has a bit more flexibility, particularly the ability to reorder them.  I dont' think it's compatible with search.ini anymore, so looks like I"ll have to manually reorder them.

It is nice that they're letting us add/delete them without having to get into the ini now, though.

nontroppo:
The search interface is nice, but actually a step back for me -- I'd been using a third party editor that has a bit more flexibility, particularly the ability to reorder them.  I dont' think it's compatible with search.ini anymore, so looks like I"ll have to manually reorder them.-allen (February 09, 2006, 08:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

This has been requested on the forums. It is also missing an encoding option which can be important for some searches. The format is the same as the old search.ini AFAIK, so as long as you edit the File Version= string you should be able to use opsed...

allen:
Strange -- every time I use opsed, save and launch Opera -- Opera reverts to the default installation search engines -- not the ones I'd customzied in Opera or in Opsed.  Maybe I have an out of date version of Opsed or something? (Last I knew, it hadnt' been updated in some time though)

nontroppo:
No, you need to change the File version=n string at the top of the file to something larger than Opera's default. This is the way Opera tests to update it. Set it to 20 manually, then use opsed and it should stick...

allen:
Great advice -- thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version