ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What do you use to warn you of disk limits being reached?

(1/4) > >>

superboyac:
I'm regularly running into trouble with filling up my hard drives.  I need a tool to warn me when I reach my disk limits.  I don't want to use the built in XP system tool because I just don't like using anything that comes built in.  What good freeware/shareware do you guys use and why?  Obviously, for something this simple that needs to be running continuously, it needs to be simple and lightweight.  Thanks!

sajman99:
I haven't used this program in years, but I had a freeware named FreeMeter on my old computer.

IIRC FreeMeter allowed me to configure assorted displays and notifications (including disk space usage), and it provided this info. in the system tray.

http://www.tiler.com/freemeter/features/
Runs on Windows 7, Vista, 2008, 2003, and XP. Works with all language versions. It has not been thoroughly tested on 64-bit versions of Windows, but some users have reported it works.
--- End quote ---

Regards.

superboyac:
I haven't used this program in years, but I had a freeware named FreeMeter on my old computer.

IIRC FreeMeter allowed me to configure assorted displays and notifications (including disk space usage), and it provided this info. in the system tray.

http://www.tiler.com/freemeter/features/
Runs on Windows 7, Vista, 2008, 2003, and XP. Works with all language versions. It has not been thoroughly tested on 64-bit versions of Windows, but some users have reported it works.
--- End quote ---

Regards.
-sajman99 (August 16, 2010, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks!  That looks great, I'm going to try it.

Curt:
hmm... I imagine you are looking for an updated version of Disk Watchman. It *seems* this specific kind of tools died with the arrival of Vista? I have not been able to find any new ones, only big multi-tools like FreeMeter.

superboyac:
hmm... I imagine you are looking for an updated version of Disk Watchman. It *seems* this specific kind of tools died with the arrival of Vista? I have not been able to find any new ones, only big multi-tools like FreeMeter.
-Curt (August 17, 2010, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, that does sound good.  I like that company, also.  The last update to their software was 2005, but maybe it still works.

I also used to have a program called HDlife or HDDlife, I wonder if that can do what I'm asking?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version