ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Never show tray icon and/or taskbar button

(1/2) > >>

David.P:
Hi all,

unfortunately, I can't seem to get any of the above...

That means, in my case FARR insists to show both a taskbar button (always) and a tray icon (if the FARR window is present).

Possibly this could be caused by the utility "Tray Wizard" that I use to keep tray clutter to a minimum. Unfortunately, Tray Wizard re-draws all tray icons every time an additional icon appears or disappears. This is (at least visually) disturbing.

Thus, is there a way to tell FARR to NEVER EVER show either a tray icon or a taskbar button....?

Thanks,
Cheers David.P

mouser:
Possibly this could be caused by the utility "Tray Wizard" that I use to keep tray clutter to a minimum.
--- End quote ---

im guessing this is true -- can you test it by exiting Tray Wizard and restarting farr?

also, try making sure you have these two options set as follows, and restart farr after changing either of them:

the first one is probably already unchecked, but the second one is not set by default.

David.P:
Thanks mouser :) for the fast reply!

Actually the culprit that causes the stray taskbar button seems to be UltraMon. At least after quitting Tray Wizard and restarting Farr, the Farr taskbar button was still there and only went away after quitting UltraMon (which creates a Windows Taskbar on the second monitor).
(Farr is on my primary monitor with the original Windows Taskbar)

Now, after restarting all of Farr, UltraMon and Tray Wizard (but not Windows so far), the Farr taskbar button is gone for the moment.

Anyway, the tray icon still appears (by design/on purpose as I suppose) -- thus, is there a way to have no tray icon at all (like L*unchy or Ex*cutor)...?

Cheers David.P

mouser:
is there a way to have no tray icon at all (like L*unchy or Ex*cutor)...?
--- End quote ---

see second screenshot.

David.P:
is there a way to have no tray icon at all (like L*unchy or Ex*cutor)...?
--- End quote ---

see second screenshot.
-mouser (August 15, 2010, 08:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, but there is still the icon showing up every time when Farr is activated :huh:

And this makes Tray Wizard redraw the entire task tray, unfortunately...  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version