ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Skinny Paste

(1/5) > >>

pulphero:
I've tried many of the clip 'n paste apps but find they either do too much or don't easily do what I want done.

Here's what I'm looking for:

A hotkey-enabled pop-up with a plain text list of 10 short phrases (could be URLs, could be single words, could be sentences). Click the phrase and it pastes as plain text into the active application. That's it! Nothing fancy. As lightweight as possible, too.

I realize that lots of software, e.g., AceText, can do this for me. But I don't need additional functionality and would like to keep it clean and simple.

Thanks!

-- Bob

mouser:
sounds like a good idea for a coding snack to me.

skwire:
A hotkey-enabled pop-up with a plain text list of 10 short phrases (could be URLs, could be single words, could be sentences). Click the phrase and it pastes as plain text into the active application. That's it! Nothing fancy. As lightweight as possible, too.-pulphero (August 14, 2010, 10:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can each of your ten entries be contained on one line or do you envision multiline entries i.e. an entry with a carriage return?

mouser:
quick tip, for FARR users, it's really easy to make an alias with a list of items you can quickly paste into running application, and which you can search through and choose by typing.
just make an alias and in the results put a list of items like so:

though i still think this is a perfect case for a simple coding snack.

rjbull:
Maybe Solway's CLIPTEXT ?  It's lightweight all right; only 140K download.  You'd need to check it works on late-model Windows, though.

Solway's own screenshot:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version