Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 07:12:46 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Windows countdown timer  (Read 4756 times)
jaden
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 12, 2010, 03:33:41 PM »

Before I knew about Donation Coder I posted a Windows Countdown Timer Showdown on my blog that was mentioned here (let me say one more time I had no intention of disparaging App's Instant Boss, it just didn't fit what I was looking for).  I thought I'd found what I wanted with Marxio Timer, but now that it's gone I decided to write a timer that would satisfy my requirements.

SnapTimer is the result.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 03:48:49 PM »

Very nice, and thanks for sharing it!
jaden
Supporting Member

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 04:12:38 PM »

Thanks smiley
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 09:39:48 AM »

ooh, i like this. thanks very much, jaden. (have a few dc credits.)
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 10:01:13 AM »

This is actually quite nice.

When I do my next version of DClock, I plan on keeping the same modular design with it, enhancing it to dynamically load extra tools to the popup menu (rather than hard coded to only be able to launch what I have included).

The stopwatch and timer utilities that I currently include with it were things I had planned to rewrite, but with the dynamic menus, I won't have to. I can just include a link on my app's page and recommend yours, which users will be able to just drop in the tools folder and launch it from the clock's menu.

This is great!

jaden
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 11:17:58 AM »

Thanks nudone, I appreciate it.

@app103 I used DClock and liked how extensible you'd made it, but it never occurred to me to have it use SnapTimer as another extension.  Great idea!
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 11:22:26 AM »

Thanks nudone, I appreciate it.

@app103 I used DClock and liked how extensible you'd made it, but it never occurred to me to have it use SnapTimer as another extension.  Great idea!

Well, you can't yet, because it won't show on the menu til I rewrite it. But in the next version you'll be able to do it.

jaden
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 11:38:22 AM »

Aha.  I saw the Tools menu item and all the separate tools in the application directory and thought it was pulling the .exe files dynamically.

So I guess right now it's modular, but will be extensible in the next version smiley
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »

So I guess right now it's modular, but will be extensible in the next version

Exactly. Right now the items on the menu are hard coded to the tools I included with it, and nothing more (or less).

jaden
Supporting Member

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 11:41:34 AM »

Cool, I look forward to the next version smiley
justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 08:02:12 AM »

Found this today, great program, very useful for timing Stronghold Kingdom ETA's and also as a productivity boost I think it will come in handy!

erikts
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 09:18:12 PM »

Well, I love SnapTimer!  Thmbsup I have been looking for countdown timer that displays time in taskbar.
jaden
Supporting Member

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 10:21:33 PM »

Thanks justice and erikts, it's great to hear from people who enjoy using it.

I plan to add more features, but it was my second app using Free Pascal and Lazarus and there's not much documentation and it differs from standard Delphi enough to not be able to use examples I've found.  I end up using trial and error, which can be slow.  If there are any Lazarus experts on the forum, I'd love to talk with you smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.04s | Server load: 0.27 ]