topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:07 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Mezzmo - Deal at Bits du Jour  (Read 3183 times)

chrisa52

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mezzmo - Deal at Bits du Jour
« on: May 27, 2011, 11:10 AM »
Bits du Jour has a 50% off deal today (05/27) for Mezzmo.

Mezzmo can be used to stream media (movies, music, photos, etc. ) to DLNA compliant devices.

It's Later Than You Think.

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mezzmo - Deal at Bits du Jour
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 12:12 PM »
I;ve been testing it throughout the day, and it seems like a solid program.  I only stream to my PS3, and in the past I have been using PS3 Media Server (PMS).

PMS is free, but it chokes on a number of videos that I have.  Some of them seem to be the exact same format as other videos that it plays without a hitch.  Also, it really has issues streaming HD video smoothly.

Mezzmo has handled everything I've thrown at it, including HD content.

I am just about to the point of purchasing, and it helps that they have a 30 day money back guarantee available.

C

Disclaimer
I am not affiliated with the program(s) mentioned in my post unless explicitly stated.  I will not receive any compensation for any sales generated by my post unless explicitly stated.  The opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the opinions of this site or its staff unless explicitly stated.

lotusrootstarch

• Joined in 2009
  • People reckon I'll smash into Cody someday.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mezzmo - Deal at Bits du Jour
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 03:31 AM »
I have tested/used pretty much all the DLNA servers on the market, and by comparison Mezzmo stands out as the most easy-to-configure and broadly compatible DLNA streaming server. The support has been very responsive and updates are released regularly.

It's quite capable at on-the-fly multi-threaded transcoding for those who distribute media simultaneously throughout the residence. Once it handled 4 concurrent transcoding of 3D HD 1080p (30-50GB per video file) over the network without any stutter.

For people with many HD media devices (TVs, gaming consoles, Blu-rays, Ipads) located everywhere, having a centralized DLNA server/transcoder on a fast network backbone (e.g. Wifi-N, Gigabit Ethernet-Over-Power) is hugely important, means massive savings and peace of mind for you, or else you'll have to buy and maintain devices in each room for each TV/Monitor, and have media files scattered in places that you can't remember.

Are we able to get a 50% deal on this gem? I'm happy to write a review on this for those who are not familiar with this software or the DLNA streaming concept in general.
Get my apps in Android Market! Go droids go! :)