ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone have a nice, clean XP theme that I can download?

<< < (4/5) > >>

tomos:
What's up with my line smoothing (anti-aliasing?)?  Look at the picture below, it's so jagged and rough.  Is this normal? (see attachment in previous post)
-superboyac (August 10, 2010, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

mine looks exactly the same... :-(
-tomos (August 10, 2010, 03:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hmmm...that sucks.  I was hoping it was a problem i could fix. [...]
-superboyac (August 10, 2010, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

it could well be fixable - I just dont know how. I didnt have clear type turned on - I have now & it still looks the same ;)

I wonder if mac hardware/software is that much better - my monitor is fairly good & most stuff looks very good on it - they possibly just avoid graphics that will look like crap (I mean look at MS's history of lovely graphics :'( )

4wd:
I do like what you've done on the left there..what is that, by the way?  Are those drives?  Did you just take the drive buttons and stack them vertically?-superboyac (August 10, 2010, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just drag the appropriate toolbar to wherever you'd like it in the lister - you need to make sure the toolbar drag bars are turned on.

Anyone have a nice, clean XP theme that I can download?

it looks like you have a couple of things there that are not drives.  how did you do that?
--- End quote ---

See my post here for my drive toolbar which adds things that aren't drives.

EDIT: To turn on toolbar drag bars you need to unlock the toolbars, ie. Right-click on a vacant spot on a toolbar and untick 'Lock the Toolbars'.

tomos:
I do like what you've done on the left there..what is that, by the way?  Are those drives?  Did you just take the drive buttons and stack them vertically?-superboyac (August 10, 2010, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just drag the appropriate toolbar to wherever you'd like it in the lister - you need to make sure the toolbar drag bars are turned on.
 (see attachment in previous post)
it looks like you have a couple of things there that are not drives.  how did you do that?
--- End quote ---

See my post here for my drive toolbar which adds things that aren't drives.
-4wd (August 10, 2010, 07:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

sorry superboyac, I missed those queries :-[
thanks 4WD for answering! I actually set it all up (or most of it) manually years ago myself.

There are a few tricks that I'm no longer sure how to do -
~ 'pushing' the buttons in the toolbar to the top and bottom of the window (but adjusting to window size) but maybe that happens naturally, I dont know.
~ keeping the toolbar from getting wide (I like the narrowness of the column in my one) - I think that might be simply keeping the text content short (?)

They're mostly drives, the first two are Arbeitsplatz & Eigene Dateien (a hangover from my last XP which was in german = My Computer & My Docs)
CD is optical drive
P is (left/right click) programme folder/ portable 'install' folder
S is software-download-folder / screenshots folder

InstantFundas:
Not trying to be spammy, but I really do have a good collection of WinXP themes on my blog. These are my personal favorites.

http://www.instantfundas.com/2008/07/20-most-beautiful-themes-for-windows-xp.html
http://www.instantfundas.com/2009/05/another-25-beautiful-windows-xp-themes.html

40hz:
Not trying to be spammy, but I really do have a good collection of WinXP themes on my blog. These are my personal favorites.

http://www.instantfundas.com/2008/07/20-most-beautiful-themes-for-windows-xp.html
http://www.instantfundas.com/2009/05/another-25-beautiful-windows-xp-themes.html
-InstantFundas (August 12, 2010, 12:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Some great finds! (Nice blog too.) Glad to see my old fav Aurum again.

SoWhite and Silence are tempting me as we speak.  ;D

( Rather exquisite redhead on one of those wallpapers too! Always a big plus AFAIC.  ;)  :-[  )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version