ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Five Reasons Why People Hate Apple

<< < (24/27) > >>

Renegade:
I've never dealt with Oracle, but anything resembling an automated (generic) transfer tends to make me nervous.
-Stoic Joker (May 02, 2011, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I used to use DTS all the time, and it worked well in MS SQL Server. You had to get your settings right, but it worked ok. Test of course, but still good.

I used a program one time to migrate and MS SQL Server database to MySQL -- worked without a hitch.

Stoic Joker:
I've never dealt with Oracle, but anything resembling an automated (generic) transfer tends to make me nervous.
-Stoic Joker (May 02, 2011, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I used to use DTS all the time, and it worked well in MS SQL Server. You had to get your settings right, but it worked ok. Test of course, but still good.

I used a program one time to migrate and MS SQL Server database to MySQL -- worked without a hitch.
-Renegade (May 02, 2011, 01:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

This I will keep in mind.

------------------------------------------------

Scampering back onto the original topic.

Apple Sucks!

:D

Renegade:
Scampering back onto the original topic.

Apple Sucks!

:D
-Stoic Joker (May 02, 2011, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~! :)

But does Apple suck more than Access... Hmmm... Hard call... :P :D

Kamel:
You forget a vital ingredient, old people or people who just dont want to have to deal with crap dont have networks :D

If your old people do, you haven't trained them right.

Stoic Joker:
You forget a vital ingredient, old people or people who just don't want to have to deal with crap don't have networks :D

If your old people do, you haven't trained them right.-Kamel (May 02, 2011, 08:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Really? I frequently run into this rather unique misconception. People in small offices that are hesitant to buy a network printer, because they "Don't have" a "network". Do the 4 machines in your office share an internet connection? Yes? Then you have a network.

Do the old folks with one computer and a DSL connection have a "Network"? Damn straight they do! It's just a really small one. But they still gotta make that first hop across the LAN side cable now don't they? :)

So if Bonjour decides to Bork name resolution because it's just so Mac-tastic and it wants to (read insists on) drive ... Well they're screwed. Because now you get to chase down an intermittent outage issue caused by a renegade protocol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version