ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Five Reasons Why People Hate Apple

<< < (21/27) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I got stuck the last few weeks working on one of our Intranet sites coded in ASP (e.g. VB), and it just makes me want to scream every time I have to deal with it.
-Stoic Joker (May 01, 2011, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

ASP sucked. It's no wonder MS gave up on it almost a decade ago now~! :) :P
-Renegade (May 01, 2011, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, I left out the best part ... It's an ASP UI, with an Access db back-end. One of the reports that pulled from a table with 50,000 records in it, was parsing the results at the page level ... Which I assumed had much to do with its 3 minute page load time.

I got it down to about 4 seconds now (with a much (more precise) finer tuned query).

Renegade:
I got stuck the last few weeks working on one of our Intranet sites coded in ASP (e.g. VB), and it just makes me want to scream every time I have to deal with it.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Actually, I left out the best part ... It's an ASP UI, with an Access db back-end. One of the reports that pulled from a table with 50,000 records in it, was parsing the results at the page level ... Which I assumed had much to do with its 3 minute page load time.

I got it down to about 4 seconds now (with a much (more precise) finer tuned query).
-Stoic Joker (May 01, 2011, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

WTF? Why hasn't it been redone by now? Is it THAT big?

Stoic Joker:
If you are old, don't care to learn just want to use something and it work, apple is for you.
-Kamel (May 01, 2011, 12:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

God, Grant me the serinity...

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (May 01, 2011, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

WTF? Why hasn't it been redone by now? Is it THAT big?
-Renegade (May 01, 2011, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, but my todo list is. Our IT department consists of only one monkey...Me.

The folks that use the report have some of the oldest machines, so it was assumed ... and never mentioned, until I got a request for some new features for the site. Ha! ...That went well.

Renegade:
No, but my todo list is. Our IT department consists of only one monkey...Me.

The folks that use the report have some of the oldest machines, so it was assumed ... and never mentioned, until I got a request for some new features for the site. Ha! ...That went well.
-Stoic Joker (May 01, 2011, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

50k???

Access???

New features???

WTF???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version