ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Five Reasons Why People Hate Apple

(1/27) > >>

zridling:
Apple can't seem to catch a break lately, but just ask Microsoft, that comes with the territory. Mitch Wagner gets to the heart of the matter with 5 reasons why people hate Apple:

Every company has its opponents, but Apple really gets people worked up. Some people hate Apple a lot, more than they hate Nazis or Smurfs. They leave angry comments on Apple blogs. Based on my extensive observations of the species, Apple-haters fall into five categories. If you're an Apple-hater, which one of these categories do you fit in?

* You believe buying Apple undermines your individuality
* You hate Apple culture
* You've had a bad experience with Apple products
* Apple isn't right for you
* You hate Apple's closed architecture
Overall, my beef with the App Store restrictions aren't that they exist, they're that they need to be better. I want a native Google Voice App -- Google developed one, but Apple rejected it. I want an app that will let me update all my podcasts automatically, over the air, without having to sync to iTunes; Apple blocked a podcasting app in 2008.... While Apple kills those useful apps, it allows more than a hundred fart apps, including iFart Mobile, Atomic Fart, Fart Piano, 1,000,000 Fart Generator, and something called "Bluetooth Fart" (because, presumably, USB and Firewire farts just weren't good enough).

You stay classy, Apple.

mitzevo:
Wow, those 5 reasons sure are pathetic, apart from the last one and maybe the 3rd. WTF is up with the 4th one? Typical Apple bashing here.

Renegade:
Oh Christ... The guy's a complete ass. It's nothing more than link-bait drivel.

Here's the overall summary:

If you hate Apple for any reason, you're an insecure little wanker.

But if you're one of the people having problems with the iPhone, or with any other Apple device or service, then I don't blame you for hating Apple. But you're still a wanker.

--- End quote ---

His own summary:

Raging against Apple censorship is just a cheap way to make you feel brave. You really want to be a freedom fighter? Go argue with the mullahs in Tehran. Until then, take off your Che Guevera beret and stop congratulating yourself.

Apple haters fall into five overall categories. Which one do you fit in? Did I miss one? Leave an inarticulate, angry comment below.
--- End quote ---

Like I said... Link-baiting troll.

Renegade:
Wow, those 5 reasons sure are pathetic, apart from the last one and maybe the 3rd. WTF is up with the 4th one? Typical Apple bashing here.
-mitzevo (August 04, 2010, 11:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think he's trying to bash "Apple haters", and not Apple.

mitzevo:
Oh you are right, I didn't read the whole article because what I read already was enough time wasted ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version