ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App

<< < (79/83) > >>

robbero:
Hello timns,

Often when I insert a keyword in whatever program it is not replaced.
To make it work again, I have to open auspex click on whatever keyword and close the software again to the system tray.
It seems that the software falls asleep :)

What's happening?

I noted also that auspex is slower replacing keywords as texter.
(I checked texter/auspex with various keywords in same software)

There are also a few errors in auspex p.e.
\\fl --> myfirstname lastname
is replaced in myf irstname lastname

timns:
Hello timns,

Often when I insert a keyword in whatever program it is not replaced.
To make it work again, I have to open auspex click on whatever keyword and close the software again to the system tray.
-robbero (February 16, 2011, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am not aware of anything that would stop Auspex from replacing the word. Except if you do a lot of typing and deleting inside one word, the program will not be able to match the word any more.

I noted also that auspex is slower replacing keywords as texter.
(I checked texter/auspex with various keywords in same software)

--- End quote ---

Auspex types every character one at a time. Maybe texter works in a different way: no idea. Are you saying it's not fast enough?

There are also a few errors in auspex p.e.
\\fl --> myfirstname lastname
is replaced in myf irstname lastname

--- End quote ---

Never seen that problem. Maybe check your replacement to make sure it has 'erase trigger' checked?

Otherwise, if you don't mind, I'd like to get an example from you. Create a backup for me perhaps?

robbero:
I am not aware of anything that would stop Auspex from replacing the word. Except if you do a lot of typing and deleting inside one word, the program will not be able to match the word any more.
--- End quote ---

No no typing in the word. Now I did a test again in the quick reply box of this page using google chrome and firefox. Both created spaces in the replacement word.
\\re --> rep lacement
the first time it did not even replace
\\re --> \\re

Auspex types every character one at a time. Maybe texter works in a different way: no idea. Are you saying it's not fast enough?
--- End quote ---
No, I'm saying that texter is quicker in replacing (sure quicker is better)

Never seen that problem. Maybe check your replacement to make sure it has 'erase trigger' checked?
--- End quote ---

yes, with erase trigger checked.

Otherwise, if you don't mind, I'd like to get an example from you. Create a backup for me perhaps?

--- End quote ---

where can I send you the screenshots?

ps: I received also an access violation error:

Access violation at address 007D3C5B in module Auspex.exe. Read of address 00000008

timns:
Robbero: what version are you running?

PM me the screenshots if possible.

I haven't seen any access violations for 2 builds.

cranioscopical:
PM me the screenshots if possible.
-timns (February 17, 2011, 10:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't think you can attach to PM's.  If you've found a way I'd love to hear of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version