ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App

<< < (47/83) > >>

tomos:
I'll stay on it, but we should remember:

"Don't use the windows key for keyboard shortcuts in your program, the "Windows Vista User Experience Guidelines" says the following under Guidelines - Interaction - Keyboard:

Don't use the Windows logo modifier key for program shortcut keys. Windows logo key is reserved for Windows use. Even if a Windows logo key combination isn't being used by Windows now, it may be in the future."

>:(  :'(  :mad:  :-\  :huh:  :o 
-timns (November 05, 2010, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

well, I can look at grid move - I'm using the exe but I'm sure I could get the ahk file and change the key or request it be made customisable or something.
I certainly couldnt live without it at this stage OTOH I hate missing out on this one...  ;)

tomos:
Oddly enough, when I change it for GridMove, pressing Win+G open a new tab in FireFox and searches for the AHK text version of the (new) modifier key pressed [<^>!] :huh:

I have other apps that use the Win key, but offhand I cant remember which, so I guess they're one's I dont actually use in practice... (oh, I just remembered one I do use - I'll test it later).
I'm just thinking now that while other apps should not use the Winkey, the reality is that some do, and if that is the problem (of course maybe that isn't the problem at all) you'll have to be able to add them to the exceptions list successfully...

Okay, I tested a couple of other apps that use the Winkey and they are not affected.
Next I'll be pestering you with basic questions about how to use it  :)

tomos:
Okay, it's working very nicely!

...but I'm afraid I've got another keyboard problem:
Alt+Tab works okay but Alt+Shift+Tab to reverse the direction no longer works (sorry!)

FWIW in my old Photoshop Ctrl+Tab & Ctrl+Shift+Tab work as expected to cycle through open docs

timns:
Good spot - I'll have a look at that alt+shift+tab.

... and if it's not too late or annoying, the next build will in fact be able to handle your original Win+G shortcut. Finally cracked that bit.

timns:
Build 60

New Features

* Completely threw away and re-wrote the Completion popup. It's much, much faster and will end up looking a lot nicer too (feedback please - is it working ok?)
    * Auspex now cooperates with those naughty apps that use the Windows key as a global hotkey modifier
    * Keypad 0 now selects the most likely Completion item (in addition to KP1 through KP9 as added in the previous build)
    * Dainty little performance gauges on the main screen can now be hidden via the View menu (but why would you want to do that?)
    * Pop-up Character Map available in the main screen for convenience

Bug Fixes

* Replaced the Clipboard monitoring code with something more stable
    * Backup now also includes all Options and Stats

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version