ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App

<< < (39/83) > >>

timns:
This one has probably been the case all along and may even be the design:

Auspex can't insert in certain circumstances, for example:

in "this is/something"

try to insert anywhere between "s/s" and Auspex won't play.
-cranioscopical (October 27, 2010, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Could you explain that a bit more please senor? Do you mean trigger a Replacement after moving back with the cursor or mouse?

cranioscopical:
This one has probably been the case all along and may even be the design:

Auspex can't insert in certain circumstances, for example:

in "this is/something"

try to insert anywhere between "s/s" and Auspex won't play.
-cranioscopical (October 27, 2010, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Could you explain that a bit more please senor? Do you mean trigger a Replacement after moving back with the cursor or mouse?
-timns (October 28, 2010, 07:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, sorry. That is what I meant (for both auto-completes and replacements). I guess it has to be that way.
And, in light of the above, here's a feature request — why not have Auspex replace what I typed with what I meant?

joiwind:
And finally, Replacements aren't working at all... AutoCompletions are.

--- End quote ---
That's a real surprise - I would always have expected the Replacements to be more consistent. Is there any chance you could go through step-by-step what you do? There must be a missing link!

--- End quote ---

Got it ! It's the 'older' entries that don't work - and still don't, whereas if I enter a new Replacement then no problemo... so I'll just re-do the 'old' ones.

And thanks for the other replies.

Perry Mowbray:
Just a quick question (not sure if it's been asked)... are there plans to have a selection to choose from from the Replacements? ie if there's more than one that matches the string typed the user gets to select one of the entries that pop-up??

timns:
Just a quick question (not sure if it's been asked)... are there plans to have a selection to choose from from the Replacements? ie if there's more than one that matches the string typed the user gets to select one of the entries that pop-up??

-Perry Mowbray (October 29, 2010, 07:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

You'll never believe me of course, but I thought of that myself last night. I intend to add a 'search' trigger too. (e.g. "Find and offer me all Replacements that contain the word 'daquiri'")

Mr Cranio, I'm afraid this is as close as we'll get to replacing what you said with what you meant. In my case I have a wife to do that  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version