ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App

<< < (30/83) > >>

cranioscopical:
re the above

Still getting some flaky-folder issues.
Editing an item can cause it to vanish, but not always  :(

Here's something: using tab as the trigger for auto-completes (I've not tried other triggers) it's not possible to have two in sequence; after the first, one has to type some other character before a second will fire. This probably explains why I had the one on/one off issue with one not working and then, later, working again. I was testing by hitting the two in succession. When they both worked I'd almost certainly hit [Enter] in between.

joiwind:
Bug : it sometimes happens that you cannot minimize to tray, nothing happens when you click on the hyphen, you have to quit and open Auspex again - but I can't see under which conditions that occurs.
-joiwind (October 18, 2010, 12:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have found one occasion when this happens : if you create a new entry (either completed with text etc or not) and then drag and drop it into a folder

timns:

* Created new folder
* Hit refresh
* New folder disappeared
* Stop/restart
* New folder still gone
* Created new folder
* Stop/restart
* New folder disappeared
* Restarted again
* A new folder appeared in the tree, not created by me (AutoCompletions)
* Within that is a new entry, "folder," again not created by me
* (So, when Auspex is first installed/launched is it meant to appear with the tree already populated? If not, from whence came that second folder?)
* Once the new (program created) AutoCompletions folder appeared I could add another folder and it was persistent
* Autocompletions begin to be erratic
*     first one doesn't work
*     then the other does work
*     then the first does work
*     following that I have "List index out of bounds (1)"
(If Joy saw the wiki I hope it helped her ) ;)
-cranioscopical (October 19, 2010, 01:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ohhh kay then. Thank you!

First off, at the moment, if a folder is empty it is discarded when the tree is refreshed (either by the button or by a stop/restart) - so that explains 1 thru 10 (stupid list got renumbered!)

11: AutoCompletions is where Auspex parks completions it has made for you on-the-fly, as you probably guessed. The 'folder,' inside is simply the *word* 'folder' that you have probably been typing so often it decided it would store it for you as a suggestion.

timns:

Dragging text to the tree doesn't seem to work. Can you elucidate?
-cranioscopical (October 19, 2010, 01:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Select a block of text in some program. Let go of the mouse, and then single-click the text again so you can drag it. Drag to the tree, and wait a heartbeat. The tree will detect a drag over, and the cursor should change to your ghosted text.

Drop.

You will see a new item created with random name and mnemonic, and your text in the replacement field.

Edit to suit!

You can also drop your text into an existing Replacement's text area on the bottom left.

If that does not work, please let me know  :Thmbsup:

timns:
Bug : it sometimes happens that you cannot minimize to tray, nothing happens when you click on the hyphen, you have to quit and open Auspex again - but I can't see under which conditions that occurs.
-joiwind (October 18, 2010, 12:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have found one occasion when this happens : if you create a new entry (either completed with text etc or not) and then drag and drop it into a folder
-joiwind (October 19, 2010, 06:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is that consistent? I can't get it to go wrong here. Were you trying it with a completely empty tree?

By the way, thank you all for your continued and helpful feedback. If anyone has to tell me I have software that's buggier than a dead rat, I'm glad it's you guys.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version