ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App

<< < (68/83) > >>

bmms:
Hi,

as you discuss our software PhraseExpress, I kindly ask to step in.

The software seems good but I and others on DC have disagreed with the company's attitude
--- End quote ---

Rjbull, I believe this describes your posting best. ;-)

No, that's Instant Text.  But it's fiercely expensive.
--- End quote ---

InstantText is absolutely worth its money for its specific purpose and is tailored with awesome capabilities to the specific market of medical/legal transcription. However, I would hesitate to say that it has "more features" than PhraseExpress.

InstantText does not support text formatting, does not offer completion of full sentences and afaik, it has no macro automation programming language. Just to name a few.

PhraseExpress is not only a text auto-completion software, but also a text/code snippets organizer. Well, ...Merylic already provided the list of features.

The feature I was interested in was being able to use the same short form for more than one long text, e.g. "apon" for "application," "apparition," and "apportion."
--- End quote ---

I am happy to tell, that this feature always was and is available in the free version and I am sorry if you missed that.

This video illustrates it for you:

bmms:
After I heard about Phrase Express the other day, I did actually give it a try. Didn't like it. It learns the most bizarre phrases!-timns (January 14, 2011, 10:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

PhraseExpress only learns what you enter and does not blend or mix it up. ;-)

By the way, I had a brief look at your software as well. Does your software really reveal and store passwords in your program visible for everybody after I entered them in web forms a few times? Whoa!  :-\

timns:
After I heard about Phrase Express the other day, I did actually give it a try. Didn't like it. It learns the most bizarre phrases!-timns (January 14, 2011, 10:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

PhraseExpress only learns what you enter and does not blend or mix it up. ;-)

By the way, I had a brief look at your software as well. Does your software really reveal and store passwords in your program visible for everybody after I entered them in web forms a few times? Whoa!  :-\
-BartelsMedia (January 15, 2011, 06:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Only if you are crazy enough to have passwords that are simple text only. You have simple easy to crack passwords? Whoa!  :o

bmms:
So, you want to teach your users your ideas of how their passwords have to look like?

timns:
So, you want to teach your users your ideas of how their passwords have to look like?
-BartelsMedia (January 15, 2011, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, no, just common sense really.

If I've helped someone improve their security by mentioning that passwords should be a mix of upper/lower, symbols and numbers then I hope I've made the interwebs a slightly safer place.

Hey kids, be safe: passwords should be a mix of upper/lower, symbols and numbers!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Password_strength#Guidelines_for_strong_passwords

This has been a public service announcement on an otherwise irrelevant thread  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version