topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 6:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2011 Release: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App  (Read 322647 times)

joiwind

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • carpe momentum
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2011 Teaser: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App
« Reply #200 on: November 02, 2010, 05:17 PM »
Great !

timns : have you seen the number of posts and views in this thread...?

timns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #201 on: November 02, 2010, 07:38 PM »
It's getting busy! I did set up a little forum to try and split up this massive thread... at some point I'll see if people are willing to participate over there on the auspex.ca website. But at the moment it's still too basic for real people to use.

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #202 on: November 02, 2010, 08:55 PM »
I think a pause button would be handy. I was just recording a new AHK script and this is what was grabbed:
Code: Autohotkey [Select]
  1. {SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTDOWN}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}n{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{CTRLDOWN}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}v{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{CTRLUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTDOWN}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}r{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTDOWN}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}s{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTDOWN}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}i{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}o{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTDOWN}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}o{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}

When in actual fact, with Auspex off I got:
  1. Send, {ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}
  2. Sleep, 100
  3. Send, {CTRLDOWN}v{CTRLUP}{ALTDOWN}r{ALTUP}{ALTDOWN}soo{ALTUP}

I deleted the Window commands, but interestingly with Auspex running AutoScriptWriter misses all those  :huh:  So, it'd be nice to be able to pause Auspex whilst doing such things then kick it off again (rather than quitting and restarting).

One other small thing... does the context menu from the Tray not work when the window is open??

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #203 on: November 02, 2010, 09:17 PM »
It's getting busy! I did set up a little forum to try and split up this massive thread... at some point I'll see if people are willing to participate over there on the auspex.ca website. But at the moment it's still too basic for real people to use.

Generally I'd recommend moving the management of the application after it has been released (ie NANY's finished for '11)  :Thmbsup:

timns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2010, 09:42 PM »
@tomos:

it doesnt seem to work with GridMove, no matter which setting I choose under exception...
I only use the keyboard shortcuts for Gridmove - Win+G shows grid, then number key selects 'area'
With Auspex running, and Grdimove in 'Block' / 'Compatability Mode' or 'Allow' mode, the Win+G combo doesnt work (the grid shows, but the start menu pops up and takes focus so I cant resize window).

Fixed in the next build (i.e. 58 or greater) which I shall release later in the week. A good catch, which has helped me further improve the program's compatibility with other applications.

timns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #205 on: November 02, 2010, 09:46 PM »
I think a pause button would be handy. I was just recording a new AHK script and this is what was grabbed:
  1. {SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTDOWN}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}n{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{CTRLDOWN}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}v{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{CTRLUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTDOWN}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}r{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTDOWN}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}s{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTDOWN}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}i{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}o{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTDOWN}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}o{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{ALTUP}

When in actual fact, with Auspex off I got:
  1. Send, {ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}
  2. Sleep, 100
  3. Send, {CTRLDOWN}v{CTRLUP}{ALTDOWN}r{ALTUP}{ALTDOWN}soo{ALTUP}

I deleted the Window commands, but interestingly with Auspex running AutoScriptWriter misses all those  :huh:  So, it'd be nice to be able to pause Auspex whilst doing such things then kick it off again (rather than quitting and restarting).

One other small thing... does the context menu from the Tray not work when the window is open??

Woof. Are things improved if you set Auspex to ignore AHK? I'm actually not surprised there may be funnies going on there - both programs install a keyboard hook and intercept keystrokes between the keyboard and the screen.

No, it would appear the context menu is disabled when Auspex is not minimized. Can probably do something about that.  :-[

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2010, 11:07 PM »
I'll give it a go...

Nope...
  1. WinWait, NANY 2011 Teaser: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App - DonationCoder.com - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by BMCC Inform, Address Combo Contro
  2. IfWinNotActive, NANY 2011 Teaser: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App - DonationCoder.com - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by BMCC Inform, Address Combo Contro, WinActivate, NANY 2011 Teaser: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App - DonationCoder.com - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by BMCC Inform, Address Combo Contro
  3. WinWaitActive, NANY 2011 Teaser: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App - DonationCoder.com - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by BMCC Inform, Address Combo Contro
  4. MouseClick, left,  469,  256
  5. Sleep, 100
  6. MouseClick, left,  549,  717
  7. Sleep, 100
  8. {SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTDOWN}i{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}'{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}l{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}l{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SPACE}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}g{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}i{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}v{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}e{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SPACE}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}i{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}t{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SPACE}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}a{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SPACE}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}g{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}o{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}.{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}.{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}.{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}
  9. MouseClick, left,  431,  799
  10. Sleep, 100

:huh: That's funny... Added the AutoHotKey exe to exceptions and now the Auspex window won't close (that's crazy...)

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #207 on: November 02, 2010, 11:10 PM »
But adding the correct application (AutoScriptWriter) produced:
  1. WinWait, NANY 2011 Teaser: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App - DonationCoder.com - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by BMCC Inform, Address Combo Contro
  2. IfWinNotActive, NANY 2011 Teaser: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App - DonationCoder.com - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by BMCC Inform, Address Combo Contro, WinActivate, NANY 2011 Teaser: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App - DonationCoder.com - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by BMCC Inform, Address Combo Contro
  3. WinWaitActive, NANY 2011 Teaser: Auspex - a Windows Productivity App - DonationCoder.com - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by BMCC Inform, Address Combo Contro
  4. MouseClick, left,  430,  675
  5. Sleep, 100
  6. {SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTDOWN}b{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}u{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}t{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SPACE}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}a{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}d{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}d{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}i{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}n{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}g{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SPACE}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}t{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}h{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}e{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SPACE}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}c{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}o{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}r{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}r{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}e{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}c{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}t{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SPACE}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}a{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}p{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}p{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}l{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}ications{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{BACKSPACE}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SPACE}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTDOWN}9{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTDOWN}a{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}u{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}t{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}o{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTDOWN}s{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}c{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}r{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}i{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}p{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}t{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTDOWN}w{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}r{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}i{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}t{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}e{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}r{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTDOWN}0{SHIFTUP}{SPACE}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}s{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}t{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{BACKSPACE}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{BACKSPACE}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}p{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}r{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}o{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}d{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}u{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}c{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}e{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}d{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTUP}{SHIFTDOWN};{SHIFTUP}
  7. MouseClick, left,  442,  804
  8. Sleep, 100

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2010, 11:28 PM »
.57 also quits when you close the window  :huh: but doesn't have the non-closing problem:
:huh: That's funny... Added the AutoHotKey exe to exceptions and now the Auspex window won't close (that's crazy...)

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2010, 11:42 PM »
No, it would appear the context menu is disabled when Auspex is not minimized. Can probably do something about that.  :-[

You mean minimised to the System Tray? That's true. At the moment it's mimimised to the Task Bar and no menu...

As I said above, .57 quits when I close so I can't get it to minimise to the System Tray.

timns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #210 on: November 03, 2010, 10:03 AM »

You mean minimised to the System Tray? That's true. At the moment it's mimimised to the Task Bar and no menu...

As I said above, .57 quits when I close so I can't get it to minimise to the System Tray.

Ah, that's a setting! Quit = quit, unless you have the 'minimize to tray' option, in which case Quit=er, minimize to tray...

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #211 on: November 03, 2010, 04:50 PM »
Ah, that's a setting! Quit = quit, unless you have the 'minimize to tray' option, in which case Quit=er, minimize to tray...

Cool... somehow I missed it and/or it got turned off in an upgrade or... whatever... all good now  :up:

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #212 on: November 03, 2010, 05:00 PM »
You'll never believe me of course, but I thought of that myself last night. I intend to add a 'search' trigger too. (e.g. "Find and offer me all Replacements that contain the word 'daquiri'")

I think for general usage this is the real killer for me... the multiple choice looks great!!

joiwind

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • carpe momentum
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #213 on: November 04, 2010, 06:17 PM »
Hey - .57 has already expired ...!!!
(And the About window says Auspex 1.0.0)

timns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #214 on: November 04, 2010, 06:39 PM »
Hey - .57 has already expired ...!!!
(And the About window says Auspex 1.0.0)

Oh you - you're just doing it to get the latest version aren't you!  :D

Build 59
New Features

* When the tree list is refreshed, expanded nodes stay expanded
    * Numeric keypad keys 1 through 9 now trigger the appropriate Completion when it's popped-up
    * It's, again, a little faster and smoother
    * Stats will now tell you how many keystrokes you have saved, ever

Bug Fixes

* About screen shows the correct build information
    * Improved keyboard handling during very fast key action, such as rapid key repeat
    * ESC now only closes the Completion or Paste popup when they are showing, and does not pass the keystroke to the underlying application (which, in some cases such as Skype, closed the app window)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #215 on: November 04, 2010, 07:24 PM »
Sounds good!

(there are more ways to use this than you might imagine)
-timns

(but one might imagine more ways to use it than are possible)

BTW, I like Perry's idea for an on/off switch (from the tray icon?), rather than stop/restart.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2010, 07:42 PM »
Pop-ups with number keys are a bit wobbly here.

I've been getting this (because I didn't read carefully and so was using the regular number keys, not the numeric keypad.
59.png

but after that, using the keypad '2' to select option 2 in the above produced (don't laugh)  "comakerputeputeputer" 

timns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #217 on: November 04, 2010, 08:09 PM »

I've been getting this (because I didn't read carefully and so was using the regular number keys, not the numeric keypad. (see attachment in previous post)
but after that, using the keypad '2' to select option 2 in the above produced (don't laugh)  "comakerputeputeputer" 
-cranioscopical (November 04, 2010, 07:42 PM)

Sounds like a ferpectly reasonable word to me. This is still an experimental feature of course - I just had forogtten that the old build died on the 5th.

Does it recover if you start with a fresh bit of typing in your editor?

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #218 on: November 04, 2010, 08:34 PM »

I've been getting this (because I didn't read carefully and so was using the regular number keys, not the numeric keypad. (see attachment in previous post)

Sounds like a ferpectly reasonable word to me. This is still an experimental feature of course - I just had forogtten that the old build died on the 5th.

Does it recover if you start with a fresh bit of typing in your editor?
No, it doesn't.
The same thing happens if I use exclusively the numpad keys.
Using the completions in the image above, in a fresh run of Auspex, and adding a few spaces and a newline between each, gives: 

com[tab] = companies
com[2] = companieputer

I've just this moment realized that this is happening in the Boxer text editor, in which everything that misbehaved elsewhere used to behave properly.
The issue above doesn't occur in — wait for it… wait for it… Kedit!!
It's fine in notepad.
Okay, got it.
I've had Boxer's autocomplete function enabled, which hasn't clashed previously with Auspex.
The new number choices are being grabbed by Boxer, not Auspex.
Turned off Boxer's autocomplete.
Take another antacid and see me again in a week.
No need for an English/Auspex — Auspex/English dictionary after all.

Sorry about that one  :-[

timns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #219 on: November 04, 2010, 08:43 PM »
Okay, got it.
I've had Boxer's autocomplete function enabled, which hasn't clashed previously with Auspex.
The new number choices are being grabbed by Boxer, not Auspex.
Turned off Boxer's autocomplete.
Take another antacid and see me again in a week.
No need for an English/Auspex — Auspex/English dictionary after all.

Sorry about that one  :-[

-cranioscopical (November 04, 2010, 08:34 PM)

Ah ha! Whew. I wish it were possible to detect that sort of thing and back off, but I cannot find anything that will tell Auspex that there's already completion functionality in place. I suppose I could make the numpad a switchable feature. If that's of interest, plonk it in redmine for me and I'll be delighted to take care of it.  :Thmbsup:

Next, I'll try and finish the search thingummy, and also the fuzzy feature.

joiwind

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • carpe momentum
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #220 on: November 05, 2010, 06:50 AM »

Seems there aren't many French-speakers around - otherwise there'd be a lot of funny comments about "comakerputeputeputer" ...

And thanks for .59. I haven't seen many software that benefit from such frequent updates and bug fixes  :Thmbsup:

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #221 on: November 05, 2010, 09:27 AM »
Seems there aren't many French-speakers around - otherwise there'd be a lot of funny comments about "comakerputeputeputer" ...

;D ;D

timns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #222 on: November 05, 2010, 10:09 AM »

(but one might imagine more ways to use it than are possible)
-cranioscopical (November 04, 2010, 07:24 PM)

Ok my 'tagline' did sound a bit pretentious  :) - the thing that triggered the comment is my wife. She's a journo and has been helping me do a bit of testing. I discovered that she's set up a whole bunch of replacements to insert special characters into her documents that would normally have to be fetched from charmap. (e.g. she types 'quid' to get £, 'sayo' to get さよなら。 etc.) When I expressed delight at her genius idea, she just looked at me as if I were a bit dim, and suggested I make the tea.

timns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #223 on: November 05, 2010, 10:12 AM »

And thanks for .59. I haven't seen many software that benefit from such frequent updates and bug fixes  :Thmbsup:

Thank you! I probably did launch it out there a bit too soon, but the feedback and suggestions coming from you guys means the program is a lot better than it would otherwise have been.

timns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #224 on: November 05, 2010, 10:15 AM »
comakerputeputeputer
-cranioscopical (November 05, 2010, 09:27 AM)

Well, after all, my software does use a keyboard hooker ;)