ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Folder filtering

(1/2) > >>

cldcp00:
I am new to LBC is there a way to filter out the folder you do not wish to be shown in the menu. i have a folder that has lots of historical stuff which cannot be moved out I just want to see certain folder on the LBC menu is there some way of doing this?

mouser:
there sure is.  when you create a node that shows the contents of one (or more) folders, you can specify accept and reject patterns for files and folders:

cldcp00:
Mouser thanks for your reply, but could you explain how if I have a folder which have sub folders that are number from 1 up to 1110, where anything before 500 could be classed as historic and just clutter up the menu scrolling down to the higher number folders.
The folder contain a mixture of files pdf jpg doc etc. what exactly would i need to do just to see folders that are numbered higher than 700.

Thanks for any help in advance

mouser:
hmm thats a bit trickier.  you MIGHT be able to do it by accepting subdir patterns of 5??;6??;7??;8??;9??;1???
but im not sure if the ? will work.

what i would honest suggest is that you re-organize a bit and move the older stuff into its own subdir called "old" and then exclude that.

cldcp00:
Can someone explain why when I enter 525 as the folder I want to accept, it filters out all the rest and just shows 525. But when i enter 525;869;1058 it returns no folders? This is becoming very frustrating >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version