ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Sort OneNote 2010 Sections

<< < (4/8) > >>

jpijper:
Any new updates to the Sort OneNote 2010?

I tried downloading the zip file and extracting the contents, and got the Windows message that the zip cannot be opened.

It appears to me that there is a significant need for this solution. I have a lot of notes that I have moved from Outlook to OneNote and I have had them in sorted alphabetical order by title of the page (that is tab) while using OneNote 2007. Now that I am on OneNote 2010, I cannot sort using the prior sort addin that was available.

I don't have subpages but do need to sort tabs within a section, so when I create a new one, like I just did for DonationCoder, I don't have to manually drag it up from the bottom of the list to the "c" area through 650 other pages already there.

Thanks in advance.
-frugalsolutions (November 20, 2010, 08:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just downloaded and opened the zip file without any problems! Please try again.

Good luck!
Jan Roelof

Beth UK:
 :D Thank you for this - only found it today. Works like a dream!

jpijper:
:D Thank you for this - only found it today. Works like a dream!
-Beth UK (November 20, 2010, 08:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

You are very welcome ;)
Jan Roelof

frugalsolutions:
I was using the latest FireFox and its downloader, which did not produce a zip file that worked (this is the first time I have had this issue on any download). But you were right, your file link is good. I started up Google Chrome and downloaded using it and got a perfectly good file.  There is something going on with the FireFox downloading, it seems.

Anyway, I installed your program. Very nice, simple and understandable interface. I selected my section of Notes, with 799 pages in it (no subpages). Before I ran the sort, I went to the OneNote folder and did a right click, copy, paste and rename of the file so that I would have a backup, in case anything went wrong with the sort). Since your program throws up a warning that the sort can't be undone, it would be nice to give the option to do a backup or suggest the user do it, just because there is so much in OneNote that can be lost.

When I ran the sort, it took a few seconds to run the sort and complete the sort of 799 pages. Perfect results!

As an external program, it is nice as a way of ordering what you have.

I encourage you to keep up on this and maybe spread the word on other forums, like the Microsoft OneNote forums, so that others can benefit from your gem of a sort solution!

jpijper:
I was using the latest FireFox and its downloader, which did not produce a zip file that worked (this is the first time I have had this issue on any download). But you were right, your file link is good. I started up Google Chrome and downloaded using it and got a perfectly good file.  There is something going on with the FireFox downloading, it seems.

Anyway, I installed your program. Very nice, simple and understandable interface. I selected my section of Notes, with 799 pages in it (no subpages). Before I ran the sort, I went to the OneNote folder and did a right click, copy, paste and rename of the file so that I would have a backup, in case anything went wrong with the sort). Since your program throws up a warning that the sort can't be undone, it would be nice to give the option to do a backup or suggest the user do it, just because there is so much in OneNote that can be lost.

When I ran the sort, it took a few seconds to run the sort and complete the sort of 799 pages. Perfect results!

As an external program, it is nice as a way of ordering what you have.

I encourage you to keep up on this and maybe spread the word on other forums, like the Microsoft OneNote forums, so that others can benefit from your gem of a sort solution!

-frugalsolutions (November 20, 2010, 08:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad it works for you!
I posted this on the OneNote Microsoft Answers forum as well, months ago, so people should be able to find it, but maybe I should post a reminder.
This will remain an external program rather than an add-in until the OneNote team make it easier to make an add-in for the 2010 version ;)

Jan Roelof

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version