topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:56 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Is there a utility that will tell you the level of a QR code?  (Read 4852 times)

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hopefully, free. Or is this something I should request here? I am curious at how good my QR decoder program is at reading printed codes. Level seems to matter with this.

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Is there a utility that will tell you the level of a QR code?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 08:26 PM »
I was looking for a program that would return this kind of (version) information.

O'Rielly2.jpg

I would use it on QR codes like these:

Version 40 QR code.jpg      O'Rielly.jpg

If the first one above wouldn't decode for you, it wouldn't decode for me also. I had to send it to ZXing Decoder Online to decode it. I used that text to create the second block which you should have no trouble decoding.

I had to use the ZXing decoder to decode the Version 40 block above.  Below is what was in it.

Ceci est une traduction en français de la licence “GNU General Public<br/>License” (GPL). Cette traduction est fournie ici dans l’espoir qu’elle<br/>facilitera sa compréhension, mais elle ne constitue pas une traduction<br/>officielle ou approuvée d’un point de vue juridique.<br/><br/>La Free Software Foundation (FSF) ne publie pas cette traduction et ne<br/>l’a pas approuvée en tant que substitut valide au plan légal pour la<br/>licence authentique “GNU General Public Licence”. Cette traduction n’a<br/>pas encore été passée en revue attentivement par un juriste et donc le<br/>traducteur ne peut garantir avec certitude qu’elle représente avec<br/>exactitude la signification légale des termes de la licence authentique<br/>“GNU General Public License” publiée en anglais. Cette traduction<br/>n’établit donc légalement aucun des termes et conditions d’utilisation<br/>d’un logiciel sous licence GNU GPL — seul le texte original en anglais<br/>le fait. Si vous souhaitez être sûr que les activités que vous projetez<br/>seront autorisées par la GNU General Public License, veuillez vous<br/>référer à sa seule version anglaise authentique.<br/><br/>La FSF vous recommande fermement de ne pas utiliser cette traduction en<br/>tant que termes officiels pour vos propres programmes ; veuillez plutôt<br/>utiliser la version anglaise authentique telle que publiée par la FSF.<br/>Si vous choisissez d’acheminer cette traduction en même temps qu’un<br/>Programme sous licence GNU GPL, cela ne vous dispense pas de l’obligation<br/>d’acheminer en même temps une copie de la licence authentique en anglais,<br/>et de conserver dans la traduction cet avertissement important en<br/>français et son équivalent en anglais ci-dessous. <br/><br/>The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is not the publisher of this<br/>translation and has not approved it as a legal substitute for the<br/>authentic GNU General Public License. The translation has not been<br/>reviewed carefully by lawyers, and therefore the translator cannot be<br/>sure that it exactly represents the legal meaning of the authentic GNU<br/>General Public License published in English. This translation does not<br/>legally state the terms and conditions of use of any Program licenced<br/>under GNU GPL — only the original English text of the GNU LGPL does<br/>that. If you wish to be sure whether your planned activities are<br/>permitted by the GNU General Public License, please refer to its sole<br/>authentic English version.<br/><br/>The FSF strongly urges you not to use this translation as the official<br/>distribution terms for your programs; instead, please use the authentic<br/>English version published by the FSF. If you choose to convey this<br/>translation along with a Program covered by the GPL Licence, this does<br/>not remove your obligation to convey at the same time a copy of the<br/>authentic GNU GPL License in English, and you must keep in this<br/>translation this important warning in English and its equivalent in<br/>French above.<br/>

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:38 PM by Arizona Hot »