topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: an app to validate email addresses?  (Read 3028 times)

dbarton

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
an app to validate email addresses?
« on: August 02, 2010, 10:59 PM »

I send emails to my opt in mailing list the old fashioned way.

I'm looking for an app to run one time on my list of email addresses that can email each one, and delete any that are no good anymore. If they bounce, I want to delete that address from the list.

It would need to send just maybe 200 messages per hour, so as not to violate my ISP limits.

Anything exist?

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: an app to validate email addresses?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 06:50 AM »
G-lock Software's Advanced E-Mail Verifier will do that. They offer free and reasonably priced personal and business editions of this package.  

Info link: http://www.glocksoft.com/amlv/

I don't know if it has a throttle control. But you could break you list into smaller chunks and run them separately if you're worried about pissing your ISP off by looking like you're a spammer. Be forewarned, many ISPs are onto the "slow list" ploy so now they also monitor packet type trending. So doing back to back address "verf" requests may trigger a security alert if your list is very large. When in doubt, let your ISP know what you want do before you do it. It's a pain, but it's still better than getting shut off if they misinterpret your actions.

Just my tuppence.

------------------
Disclaimer: 40hz is not affiliated with G-Lock Software, nor does he get anything for recommending their software. He buys his licenses from them just like everybody else.  ;D  

« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 07:04 AM by 40hz »