ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (104/192) > >>

picecinmind:
Can anyone share experience about taking note with equations? I prefer either mathtype or latex system.

Darwin:
OK - cnewtonne and armando, we need a 12 programme and we need it now. cnewtonne - you've pretty much got my number with your list of symptoms, although my spending roams far and wide, well beyond PIMs (though I've spent my share on those, as well).

steeladept:
Don't worry all...I have the cure!  Have kids.  They drain every penny you have, then take the savings, the pension, and the equity you built up, all by the age of two. ;D ;D ;D

No way to spend the money and they take up most of your time, preventing you from using it to find new software!

Okay, time to get back to work now...

Darwin:
I tried that, steeladept. I've a 3 yo and a 5 yo, but it hasn't cured me!

Darwin:
Well... I just tried indexing pdf's with Paper Port and had a flashback to one of the reasons for my RMA'ing it back in March: it's unbelievably slow. Archivarius/X1/Copernic and others are able to index pdf's very quickly, Paper Port uses OCR to convert each one to text PAGE BY PAGE. Fortunately, I'm not particularly interested in having Paper Port index my pdf's (I'm happy to let archivarius handle that) but thought I should post back here for NoD5 and Armando. It may be my machine - who knows? I will likely index my pdf's a folder at a time and for big ones (I have a few that are close to a 1000 pages each) might just do them individually as time permits, but it's not really urgent in my case.

EDIT: just to elaborate slightly, I cancelled the indexing of one of my pdf folders (which had 33 main subfolders) after almost 5 hours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version