ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (79/192) > >>

f0dder:
Holy moley, this topic has become huge.

Does anyone have the guts to distill it? :)

tomos:
FileType NEW=.txt

When the file is created, the name of the file is \"New Text Document.txt\" with the name already highlighted in F2 rename mode.

Instead, I'd like the file to be created with the name \"Notes YYYY.MM.DD.txt\" and not be in rename mode. Is that possible?
--- End quote ---

nudone, see this thread for making new "button" for to make new text file (dopus):
http://resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?t=2262&highlight=default+title+file+current+date

You can then make your own shortcut in customise mode ..

nudone:
thanks, tomos.

urlwolf:
FileType NEW=.txt

When the file is created, the name of the file is \"New Text Document.txt\" with the name already highlighted in F2 rename mode.

Instead, I'd like the file to be created with the name \"Notes YYYY.MM.DD.txt\" and not be in rename mode. Is that possible?
--- End quote ---

nudone, see this thread for making new "button" for to make new text file (dopus):
http://resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?t=2262&highlight=default+title+file+current+date

You can then make your own shortcut in customise mode ..
-tomos (January 31, 2007, 07:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Tomos,
I tried that, but I can see no difference in my right click menu.
Can you ellaborate on this?

nudone:
urlwolf, this is what i did...

right click on on menu bar in DO, then select "customize..."

select the "context menus" tab.

select "lister context" from the list.

click the "show" button. this will then show you the right click context menu DO uses.

on this menu, right click.

select "insert new > new button".  a "new button" item will appear in the menu.

right click on the "new button" item.

select "edit..."

from this point you can edit it how you like. just make sure you put the command in the "function" field bit.

after you've done that, click the "hide"  button and then "close" and you'll be back in DO with a create .txt file item in the right click menu of DO.

fantastic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version