ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (166/192) > >>

melitabel:
Well, that's something, anyway.  We aren't going to adopt Office 2010 anytime soon, on the grounds that it's a memory hog, so I won't worry that I'm missing anything.  I did hope that there would be aversion of OneNote for Mac, but I think I would have heard of that by now, if so.

Thanks!

rjbull:
I did hope that there would be aversion of OneNote for Mac-melitabel (October 11, 2010, 03:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

I presume you mean a genuine Microsoft OneNote, rather than a competitive product?  Because, I recently read Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  Out of interest I followed a link he gave, which turns out to be real software, Ibrium's NotePad Deluxe for the Mac.  The screenshot looks like a two-pane organiser.

melitabel:
Thanks! I missed that when I read the book (I confess to reading more to find out what happened than for detail, need to go back).  I will tell this story when I talk about it.

It looks more like EverNote than OneNote at first glance, but I'll take a longer look later.  I do need to find products which can work with both because we have people working on teams with both machines.  When this discussion started in 2006, note talking was entirely personal.  Now, there is little that I do without thinking, how will I be able to share this if I want to?

rjbull:
Thanks! I missed that when I read the book (I confess to reading more to find out what happened than for detail, need to go back).  I will tell this story when I talk about it.-melitabel (October 12, 2010, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

:)

It looks more like EverNote than OneNote at first glance, but I'll take a longer look later.  I do need to find products which can work with both because we have people working on teams with both machines.  When this discussion started in 2006, note talking was entirely personal.  Now, there is little that I do without thinking, how will I be able to share this if I want to?

--- End quote ---

Larsson has Blomkvist using the software to keep notes on all members of the Vanger family, so it sounds like a structured system.  I confess this is somewhat third-hand information   :)  There doesn't seem to be a PC version, unfortunately.

sword:
There is an interesting article in the October 2010, issue 119, Linux Pro
magazine that describes an approach to note-taking as used in the Emacs
extension Org-Mode. <orgmode.org> I bet a similar *really streamlined*
approach would work using a good database app or word processing app.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version