ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (158/192) > >>

MrCrispy:
Office 2010 public beta is supposed to be out soon. I've been using Outlook 2010 and it is a vast (like 2x) improvement over 2007. Haven't really played with OneNote too much so far, but from what I've read it sounds like a useful upgrade too.

urlwolf:
Well... looks like people use wave to collaborate on a doc, say a blog post...
And the results are ... mixed.
Here is a commentary, with link to the copy/paste of the resulting wave. It is horrendous from the point of view of writing style. It could be the 1-hr time limit, or it could be that we are not used to writing collaboratively.

Writing is hard enough when done in isolation. THe hope is that writing collaboratively could help, but these first examples suggest that it doesn't.

Paul Keith:
urlwolf, it's kind of hard to spot the Wave link in the post.

You might want to post a direct link to it. (Although I was under the impression that you can't share a url via Wave)

rjbull:
I don't like Evernote's web version.  Not because of the features, but more because I strongly prefer using localized software.  I still use Evernote's version 2.
-superboyac (October 27, 2009, 11:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same here.  I didn't want my data held hostage on someone else's servers, forcing me to keep paying to access what I had laboriously gathered.  Besides, I'm in the UK, and don't really trust the quality of Internet connections.  Evernote 2 was the way to stay.

tomos:
I have read this thread and all or most others on organizing and I wanted to get some feedback.

What has been on my mind is finding a note repository or PIM that is capable of presenting a view of all my saved notes or appointments or tasks and to me this is important, not just their respective titles or headers but a more detailed view. There are examples that come close like Do-Organizer and others which have 'reports' but I believe these are more tailored for printing purposes. May be what I am looking for is to have my notes arranged on the screen like a mind mapper but again may be.

Any thoughts? Point me to one discussed in this or other threads that may come close? :)
-rgdot (October 25, 2009, 11:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I almost posted a link for Text Block Writer - well why not - Text Block Writer which I havent tried yet but came across at this great blog here which it turns out is yours :-[ lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version