ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (154/192) > >>

EliCohen:
Hi Eli and welcome to DonationCoder! So Wiznotes is your creation? It looks interesting. I like the graphics - large icons with a kind of cartoon look to them! Appears to be geared almost exclusively toward students. (Correct me if I'm wrong!). Not inexpensive, though.
Maybe someone here will take a closer look and review it.
Thank you.
Jim
Edit: Thought I'd add a link for those who want to take a look:  http://www.wiznotes.com
-J-Mac (August 26, 2009, 11:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
That is correct - it is geared for students. Wiznotes is a productivity tool specifically designed to help students to take notes, save time and succeed in their exams.  Wiznotes 3.0 will be coming out within the next few weeks. Version 3.0 will be free to university/college students. If you have any questions we will be happy to answer them.
Thanks for adding a link to our website.

Carrotnote:
Hi

I don't want to cross-post- but I posted a question here https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=19817.0
asking advice regarding the development of a cross-platform note-taking application.   

I will survey the discussions in this discussion forum.  But we would also appreciate advice on designing its architecture and suggestions for features.

I look forward to suggestions and advice!

rgdot:
I have read this thread and all or most others on organizing and I wanted to get some feedback.

What has been on my mind is finding a note repository or PIM that is capable of presenting a view of all my saved notes or appointments or tasks and to me this is important, not just their respective titles or headers but a more detailed view. There are examples that come close like Do-Organizer and others which have 'reports' but I believe these are more tailored for printing purposes. May be what I am looking for is to have my notes arranged on the screen like a mind mapper but again may be.

Any thoughts? Point me to one discussed in this or other threads that may come close? :)

Paul Keith:
rgdot you might be looking for a software sticky notes app like the one app uses.

...or you could be really looking for a PIM that integrates with gmail which is possible using greasemonkey scripts

...or you could be looking for something else.

It all really depends on what you actually want to achieve with that view and how many notes we are talking about here.

For example this topic might help or it might not: To-do Visual

rgdot:
Sticky notes are close to what I am thinking too but I prefer to have the view as an aggregation of things and not actually create sticky notes, if that makes sense. Although Stickysorter (mentioned here https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=16910.0 where app also mentioned her postit program), which I tried a while ago, can import csv data to create a collection of sticky notes. So that's a possibility.

As far as integration with gmail, probably not, very much prefer something local.

I just want to have things in front of me all at once, including as much detail as possible. As for the number of notes, the more the better, it's not going to be less 50.  I will read the thread you linked, thanx.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version